September 27, 2018 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
September 27, 2018

Ecclesiastes 1:2-11

1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher;
“Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.”

3 What profit has a man from all his labor
In which he toils under the sun?
4 One generation passes away, and another generation comes;
But the earth abides forever.
5 The sun also rises, and the sun goes down,
And hastens to the place where it arose.
6 The wind goes toward the south,
And turns around to the north;
The wind whirls about continually,
And comes again on its circuit.
7 All the rivers run into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full;
To the place from which the rivers come,
There they return again.
8 All things are full of labor;
Man cannot express it.
The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.

9 That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which it may be said,
“See, this is new”?
It has already been in ancient times before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things,
Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come
By those who will come after.
DA REEL DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
DA REEL DADDY
Registered Users-pm+

This is kind of funny or coincidence for me.

I was having discussion with a friend from work about retirement. I told him when people retire it takes about two days and nobody ever misses them anymore at the office. Somebody else takes their place and work rolls on. No matter who tries to be the big shot, no matter who tries to be the number one sales person, no matter who tries to run the show, when they're gone, nobody cares, nobody misses them and life/work rolls on.

There will be plenty of people behind you and there have been plenty of people in front of you. what matters is the people you are around, will they look to you as a friend or colleague that tried to be bullish and act like the head "company man".

Of course my work ethics matters to me, but what matters most also, is when I see my old colleagues coming and going in the future, will they come up give me a hug and a smile and asked me how I've been doing?

I don't know if this is the same message or not, but kind of sounds like it. Don't be vain, but be the best person you can and humble yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
Duckchasr
In God We Trust

Duckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to Pirate
I think that outside of God everything is vanity. We as a human race strive for success in the world. When we should strive for Heavenly things. We concern ourselves with the well being of the flesh more than we consider the well being of our souls. Just this morning God revealed that I'm still a babe in Christ. A brutish prideful man that is no where near the disciple of Jesus that I thought I was.

James 1:19-27
Hearing and Doing the Word

19 My dearly loved brothers, understand this: Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20 for man’s anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness. 21 Therefore, ridding yourselves of all moral filth and evil,[g] humbly receive the implanted word, which is able to save you.[h]
22 But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 Because if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man looking at his own face[i] in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but one who does good works—this person will be blessed in what he does.
26 If anyone[j] thinks he is religious without controlling his tongue, then his religion is useless and he deceives himself. 27 Pure and undefiled religion before our[k] God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Revelations 3;17-22

17 Because you say, ‘I’m rich; I have become wealthy and need nothing,’ and you don’t know that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire so that you may be rich, white clothes so that you may be dressed and your shameful nakedness not be exposed, and ointment to spread on your eyes so that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and discipline. So be committed[j] and repent. 20 Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me. 21 The victor: I will give him the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I also won the victory and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22 “Anyone who has an ear should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.”
Duckchasr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message