Re 6.5 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
2Ws
Registered Users-pm+

2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate
Re 6.5

Whatcha think about this???.seems cheap, sure want to order one for granddaughter, they have 16" barrel for a little more. Is longer better for the 6.5, not looking for a long range weapon
http://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/inde...ist-w-15-m-lok
2Ws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
Well if you’re only shooting 100-200yds a 16” would be just fine.
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #3
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
6.5 grendall is on top of my wish list heck yea very accurate round
bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #4
Too Tall

Too Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to PirateToo Tall has been promoted to Pirate
Longer is better, somewhat, for the Grendal. I believe is was originally built to have an 18" barrel. I have 2 and both are 20" barrels but I plan to be shooting out to 1000 at paper. 500 and under you will be fine with a 16" for hunting.
I know nothing about that manufacturer but do a search on the grendal forum. Should be some info.
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
Nutnhoney
Registered Users-pm+

Nutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to Pirate
The s a Grendel web site with lots of good info. Most posters there like 18-16” for deer . Bear Creak Arsenal gets mixed reviews there. Palmetto State Arsenal has a 6.5 upper that receives good reports at a modest price.
Nutnhoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
Wolfie#2
Registered Users-pm+

Wolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to Pirate
That is a very good price IF the barrel is quality. I have not heard of Bear Creek. I built my Grendel at a considerably higher cost but mixed and matched my parts and also included some tools. The round itself is accurate with little recoil and should be good for a recoil sensitive person. I did not see a bolt in the parts list. My barrel came with a Grendel bolt. Some do, some don't. 6.8 SPC is the parent case I think.
Wolfie#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2018, 01:32 PM   #7
Wolfie#2
Registered Users-pm+

Wolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to PirateWolfie#2 has been promoted to Pirate
My bad. The parent case was 6.5 PPC which was derived from the 7.62x39. Sorry about the mis-info. I was going on memory which is not as accurate as it once was.
Another point: if you need a bolt, do some research as some are more robust than others.
Wolfie#2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
Captn C
Reel Gambler

Captn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to Pirate
I have just rebuilt two AR15's with 6.5 Grendel barrels. Both are BCA barrels.

Both of mine shoot very good. But their reputation is not very good. I think their early barrels had a lot of issues. IMO they have made the corner and are doing a much better job. Even when they were having problems, they supported their produces.

I've seen several report of their barrels shooting very since I bought mine earlier this year.

My 20" is a nitrite finished heavy fluted like the one below, but they were out of stock when I bought my 20"

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar-b...grendel-heavy/

So I'm sure these are some of their newer barrels.
Captn C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #9
Captn C
Reel Gambler

Captn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to PirateCaptn C has been promoted to Pirate
Oh...personally I would sacrifice a few ounces of extra barrel. My 20" is quite a bit faster than my 18" with the exact same hand loads.

The Grendel is by no means a fast cartridge so every inch of barrel help to get your velocity up.

FYI- I'm told Classic Firearms sells BCA barrels. I forgot to mention that earlier.
Captn C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
cajunautoxer
Registered Users-pm+

cajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Piratecajunautoxer has been promoted to Pirate
Look into reviews before buying BCA barrel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
cajunautoxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message