Mosca / Suzuki 175 Prop - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
padre tail
Padre Tail

padre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Mosca / Suzuki 175 Prop

Back in May we were running the E side of CC bay and hit an unmarked submerged pipe in the Bay Raider and bent the output shaft and prop. Lower unit was torn down and shaft, bearings, and seals replaced. The prop was reworked as two blades were bent ~ 1/4 “ and scarred up. The prop looks pretty good, but running it now has some vibration, ventilation, and loose in corners. Looking closely at the prop it still has some wobble in hub and some runout in the blades.

Planning to take the prop over to Hartsel for a look. Also thinking this one might make a good back-up prop. Will be putting a call into Cesar re prop options.

Anyone have prop recommendations for the Mosca Bay Raider with the Suzuki 175? We mostly run the LLM flats and Baffin area. Currently have a Power Tech 4 blade 15” dia 19” pitch I think. Number on prop CFS419PCL200 (tough to read)

Thanks!
padre tail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Durtjunkee
Registered Users-pm+

Durtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to Pirate
That prop looks similar to the custom job from Coastal that I'm running. It seems to do the best for me on my Mosca. But I'm also running a 200 Yamaha.

What kind of numbers are you seeing?
Durtjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
padre tail
Padre Tail

padre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbiepadre tail has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Low 40's at top end. Will note some RPM / MPH during the next trial. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Durtjunkee
Registered Users-pm+

Durtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to PirateDurtjunkee has been promoted to Pirate
As long as your hole shot is good, I'd go back with the same prop. My friend runs the same combo as you and gets the same numbers. Nothing wrong with low 40's w/a 175 zuk.

I can run 46-47 with my 4 blade and can barely touch 50 with a light load and a 3 blade.
Durtjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
idlethru
Registered Users-pm+

idlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirateidlethru has been promoted to Pirate
Your on the right track Pardre...Keith Hartsell can rebalance your damaged prop, but most likely it's only going to be a good backup. They best prop I have had on my mosca is one of Keith's....15X20 with a good cup. He can build one for you...run it..take some numbers...then he'll tweak it out for your...$495. I fish the same areas you do...only prop that I have used that will get up with the jack plate all the way up, and will run with it all the way up with no issues. good luck.
idlethru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
padre tail
Padre Tail

Thanks for the help. Stopped by with the Mosca and spoke with Keith re the prop issues. Plan is to run a trial with a new custom by Keith before further rework of the existing prop. At this point I am waiting on Keith to build a prop and get on the water.