Zoysia grass - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
trout250
Registered Users-pm+

trout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Pirate
Question Zoysia grass

I am having to keep a zoysia grass lawn up for a friend, looking for all the help i can get.on care, I am afraid he got snookered into putting this stuff down and he does not have enough sunlight
trout250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
w_r_ranch
Got better things to do than play games

w_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Piratew_r_ranch has been promoted to Pirate
It is a great grass for our growing zone & is pretty easy to care for!!!

Zoysia lawns typically need 1 inch of rainfall or irrigation per week. Deep, infrequent watering encourages deep, drought-resistant roots. Sandy soils may need more frequent watering to retain color during summer heat & stress. Mow slow-growing Zoysia lawn as needed to maintain a recommended height of 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Compared to many other lawn grasses, Zoysia has relatively low nitrogen requirements.
w_r_ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
bell536
Registered Users-pm+

bell536 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trout250 View Post
I am having to keep a zoysia grass lawn up for a friend, looking for all the help i can get.on care, I am afraid he got snookered into putting this stuff down and he does not have enough sunlight
I have zoysia and you're right about needing sunlight to flourish.
bell536 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
teckersley
Registered Users-pm+

teckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirate
I have Zoysia, St Augustine, and Bermuda. I don't see a huge difference in sunlight requirements. All grasses need a decent amount of sunlight. The zoysia is however, much more drought tolerant. All grasses need water too but the zoysia seems to take longer to show signs of stress than for sure St Augustine. It might be a push between Zoysia and Bermuda.
teckersley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
thedudeabides
Registered Users-pm+

thedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunner
I'm confused by your post. You are yard sitting? Sprinkler system? When did they fertilize? Are you mowing it? Don't mow zoysia too short. Water an inch a week. It is scalding hot right now so it is just like any other grass!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
thedudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 02:31 AM   #6
Friendswoodmatt
All work n no play

Friendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to Pirate
Careful -- make sure you sharpen the mower blades more often than normal-- it has a high silica content and dulls blades fast.
Friendswoodmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message