WSM 22.5" finally pulled the trigger - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2016, 05:54 AM   #1
peelin' drag
A.K.A. Jacob's dad

peelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Pirate
WSM 22.5" finally pulled the trigger

Just bought me one of these jewels and can't wait to burn it and season it this weekend. Any tips on temp control and cooking from WSM cookers appreciated.
peelin' drag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 07:51 AM   #2
iwant2fish
Registered Users-pm+

iwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirateiwant2fish has been promoted to Pirate
My two tips, first, notice that the two grates are a different diameter, be sure to put larger on top. smaller on top can crash thru the lower and ruin your day. Second, i put lockable casters on mine to make easier to move.
easy to keep temp at 225.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelin' drag View Post
Just bought me one of these jewels and can't wait to burn it and season it this weekend. Any tips on temp control and cooking from WSM cookers appreciated.
iwant2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
CopanoCruisin
Registered Users-pm+

CopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to PirateCopanoCruisin has been promoted to Pirate
On my WSM 18 the temperature control is effortless. It is an awesome cooking machine, I have had it a couple of years now. Go check out the Weber forum, lots of discussions. Enjoy!...........cC
CopanoCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 08:47 PM   #4
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Love mine

Don't smoke fish in it.....

The Webber forums are great....

My Webber life hack.....buy some of those Webber lighter cubes that are white.....use one.....you should never use lighter fluid......

Also smoke a few pork butts to get the inside right.....it needs to be seasoned and get better with time
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #5
peelin' drag
A.K.A. Jacob's dad

peelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Piratepeelin' drag has been promoted to Pirate
Found out about the grates during assembly. Sure wish the middle section had handles. Reckon I can find some and put them on myself. The casters is a good idea, thanks. Got it burned and seasoned, ready to cook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2fish View Post
My two tips, first, notice that the two grates are a different diameter, be sure to put larger on top. smaller on top can crash thru the lower and ruin your day. Second, i put lockable casters on mine to make easier to move.
easy to keep temp at 225.
peelin' drag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
Fishdaze
Registered Users-pm+

Fishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to PirateFishdaze has been promoted to Pirate
I have the 22" and love it. You can cook a lot of meat on that thing. Get a chimney to light your charcoal and make sure you use the minion method to get the WSM smoking. First thing I did was get another charcoal grate to help keep the coals from falling thru. I have had mine smoking for a good 12 hours on a bag of charcoal and a few wood blocks. You can find a ton of info on them and ways to mod them on this website.

http://virtualweberbullet.com/
Fishdaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #7
8weight
Banned

8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight 8weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by peelin' drag View Post
I've had one for several years now and just LOVE it. Like any new tool, it'll take a few times before you get it dialed in.

I agree on virtual webber bullet forum. Also on the chimney. I've smoked plenty of salmon and it has been amazing...not sure why Mudskipper recommended staying away. Beer can chicken, poppers, brisket, pork butt, ribs, fish, jerky...whatever it's all been good. Always use a quality oak lump charcoal and never use lighter fluid and/or regular charcoal.

Enjoy and be sure to post some Q pRon!

Last edited by 8weight; 04-04-2016 at 02:02 PM.
8weight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
CaptJack

CaptJack has disabled reputation
CaptJack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message