injecting a brisket - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
roundman
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "

roundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirateroundman has been promoted to Pirate
injecting a brisket

was wondering if anyone has smoked a brisket after injecting it with anything and how did you like it? and what did you use? looks like a nice weekend to fire up my smoker , was thinking about using some claudes

roundman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
Team S.A. Blue
Registered Users-pm+

Team S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to Pirate
Ive injected many times. If you havent tried it go ahead and do it. I found after many years of cooking them that they taste just as good with just salt and pepper but i still try different methods every now and then.
Team S.A. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
fattrout
Registered Users-pm+

fattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Pirate
in my opinion...marinating or injecting is overrated for a brisket...kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper is my favorite
fattrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 08:38 PM   #4
John Keys
Registered Users-pm+

John Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to PirateJohn Keys has been promoted to Pirate
I use a mix of 1 cup Apple Juice, 1/2 cup worchester sauce and 1/2 cup soy sauce to inject and as a spritz. Another option is to add some rub to the mixture. Do not overpower the mixture with the rub. You will learn by trial and error.
John Keys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
Tail_Pincher
Registered Users-pm+

Tail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to Pirate
I inject mine with beef broth. I do 1 oz of broth per pound of meat.

The sodium in the broth helps prevent drying out and enhances the flavor just a touch. I use this method instead of mopping or water pan inside the smoker.
Tail_Pincher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
ainman38
Registered Users-pm+

ainman38 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Injecting a brisket is a funny thing. Most BBQ joints don't mess with it, but most competition smokers do. I guess when you're cooking for a judge you 're trying to hit a certain flavor profile. But, when cooking for a "restaurant" you don't want to have your injections overpower or offend certain people. Weird... I use Tony Chachre's Garlic and Herb Injectables. Great results, but I only do it because I don't cook it more than 8-10 hours and don't want to risk drying out. I don't have the patience to go 18 hours...
ainman38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #7
manintheboat
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in

manintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Pirate
for competition, it is a good idea to inject because you are trying to pack as much flavor as possible into that one bight the judge is going to get. But for briskets at home or at a restaurant you don't need it. With all of the fat, collegen and connective tissue, a brisket has plenty going for it flavor wise. Basic seasoning is all you really need.
manintheboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #8
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
I'm personally not a fan of injecting meat with anything, but I know I'm in the minority
Gottagofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #9
tpool
Registered Users-pm+

tpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Piratetpool has been promoted to Pirate
I have never injected...

Used to be, when I did cook-offs (80's and 90's), cookoff rules said "dry spices only" - meaning no brining or injecting... The brisket couldn't be "pierced, cut, injected, or sliced" before the judge came by for the sample (they checked the stainless tag and then said we could cut). Has this changed???

T-BONE

Last edited by tpool; 03-04-2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: addition
tpool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
Tail'in around
Registered Users-pm+

Tail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to PirateTail'in around has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpool View Post
I have never injected...

Used to be, when I did cook-offs (80's and 90's), cookoff rules said "dry spices only" - meaning no brining or injecting... The brisket couldn't be "pierced, cut, injected, or sliced" before the judge came by for the sample (they checked the stainless tag and then said we could cut). Has this changed???

T-BONE
Yes this is not the case now in every cook-off I have ever done.
Tail'in around is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message