First butt in new Primo Xl - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
JuiceGoose
Registered Users-pm+

JuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to Pirate
First butt in new Primo Xl

This cold weather had me itching to smoke. Good thing the wife bought me my primo.
I cant truly describe how efficient this thing burns lump charcoal. 10 Pound butt went on at 9-10a.m with a 225-250 fire. Never added any charcoal past the initial fill up and i had the butt on the grill until 3 a.m when thermometer told me she was 200. Thats roughly 17 hours not including warmup and cool down. Misjudged my timing obviously but the results were the same. Butt came out great and still lump left for pizza tonight.

Texans win you win!! Check out the pics
Smoking

About 8 hours in

The pull

The leftover coal

JuiceGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
manintheboat
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in

manintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Pirate
that is beautiful. I know it is a YMMV deal, but you seem to get a much more pronounced smoke ring than I do on my Primo.
manintheboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #3
JuiceGoose
Registered Users-pm+

JuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to PirateJuiceGoose has been promoted to Pirate
hmm That was my first one on the xl so i'm not sure if the ring is normal or not. I only put in about 3-4 chunks of applewood. Other then that it was a long cook low and slow.
JuiceGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
lake&bay1
Registered Users-pm+

lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)lake&bay1 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Good eats!!!
lake&bay1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
Spots and Dots
Registered Users-pm+

Spots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to PirateSpots and Dots has been promoted to Pirate

Add more pork....most i've smoked at once was about 27lbs of butt (3 shoulders).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Spots and Dots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message