water clarity - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #11
Rburcaw
Registered Users-pm+

Rburcaw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I’m sitting on my deck this morning 1/4 mile E of access 5. Water off color and chopped up. Watching a couple of guys drone fish in front of my house and they’re just picking up hardheads. The drones are dropping their bait a good distance beyond third bar.
Rburcaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #12
Brady
Registered Users-pm+

Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady Brady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckchasr View Post
Fished SS all the way to the pass (car-bodies) Mon.7/9 wind was out of the SW water was sandy with maybe 10" visibility. Grinded hard with mirror lure, gold spoon, and soft plastics hooked 3 small trout that got off up close. Lot's of bait. Drove beach on the way out lots of birds working, I stopped to watch one flock close to shore and could see shrimp hopping and fish slashing jumped out and ran in hook one small trout and it got off about the time I could see it was too short. Then the fish disappeared as quickly as the started. I've been to the beach in good conditions many times now and failed to connect. Anyone else think our beachfront fishing has seriously declined in the last few years?
Yes, I believe wading fishing in the surf has declined since the 1980's when I became hard core about it.

My feeling is that you don't see the huge and seemingly endless rafts of mullet and other bait as compared to the past.

I had a good year in the surf in 2018 which was nice but there are not as many "war story" trips as I remember. The fishing can still be good but, overall, I sense a drop off.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019, 08:27 AM   #13
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady View Post
Yes, I believe wading fishing in the surf has declined since the 1980's when I became hard core about it.

My feeling is that you don't see the huge and seemingly endless rafts of mullet and other bait as compared to the past.

I had a good year in the surf in 2018 which was nice but there are not as many "war story" trips as I remember. The fishing can still be good but, overall, I sense a drop off.
Maybe but Surfside was never what I would consider a goldmine hot spot. Anyone can catch redfish and drum in matagorda stupid easy. That rarely happens in surfside, it does but it's pretty much a deadzone for drum. Trout can be very good but I agree I have not seen the huge rafts of mullet like in the past for some reason.
hurricane matt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #14
Sharpest
Registered Users-pm+

Sharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to PirateSharpest has been promoted to Pirate
Been tons of mullet in the North Padre surf for years and years. Water was too clear this weekend at least for bottom fishing. Went Sunday and got skunked.
Sharpest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #15
bearintex
Pig & Frog killer extraordinaire!

bearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Piratebearintex has been promoted to Pirate
Looks pretty slick at surfside this morning according to Saltwater Recon. Can't tell yet about the color though. I wonder if it will hold until the morning? I think we might give it a go. Chase trout at first light and throw a cast net and catch a few horse mullet for cut bait and set a couple of big surf rods out for reds or shark.
bearintex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 08:56 AM   #16
Duckchasr
In God We Trust

Duckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to PirateDuckchasr has been promoted to Pirate
bearintex that sw wind turns the surf chocolate. Bait fishing would be better than lures......Good Luck.
20mile bouy is already 2fts.

FRIDAY North winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. FRIDAY NIGHT North winds 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Duckchasr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message