Reverse Smoker - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
offshorebound
Registered Users-pm+

offshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirate
Reverse Smoker

Buddy of mine was throwing away an 21 gallon craftsman air compressor with a toasted motor the other day and I salvaged it from his front yard! I thought man that would make a good smoker. Work has been a little slow so I figured I would drag all my tools up there and build me a reverse flow smoker that I have been contemplating in my head for a while. I pretty much salvaged everything but the plate to make the firebox and the temp gauge, tell me what y'all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
offshorebound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
Mikeg77583
Experience is the best teacher

Mikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to PirateMikeg77583 has been promoted to Pirate
That came out nice! post pics of first smoke!
Mikeg77583 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
RB II
Native Texan

RB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to PirateRB II has been promoted to Pirate
Looks nice. Reverse flow really increases cooking area/evens out the heat on smaller pits. Congrats.
RB II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
offshorebound
Registered Users-pm+

offshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirateoffshorebound has been promoted to Pirate
Heres the first burn to bake the paint. I'm in Oklahoma working and you bet I drug it up here with me! Might smoke some ribs after work, if I do I'll post some more pictures. I have been looking for a propane tank to make a bigger one with an axle under it but I ran across this for free so it's a good trial before I do the big one.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #5
hog_down
Registered Users-pm+

hog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Piratehog_down has been promoted to Pirate
I think it looks great!

hog_down is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2016, 06:08 AM   #6
kutb8t
Registered Users-pm+

kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)kutb8t has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Looks good, I bought mine from a guy, same size tank but the piston was no good, I was able to salvage the motor, anyways, I'll make mine for charcoal, I already have a smoker, nice pit, WTG....
kutb8t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2016, 07:24 AM   #7
offshorebound
Registered Users-pm+

Spare ribs last night, needed to cook a little longer wrapped but I was hungry.