Proud Dad - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
shingleman
Registered Users-pm+

shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shingleman has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Proud Dad

My 16yr old has been wanting to do his own grilling and gave it a great first run on Sunday. He started off with the last pack of our carefully hoarded Triple Tail. I stayed out of the process for the most part but did try and eyeball what he was doing. Here is what I saw go into his mix. Dry mustard, soy, garlic infused olive oil and undetermined rub. I guess he has paid a little attention when he is helping me out on the pit.

I did input on cooking times and how to try and turn for nice grill marks. He backed it all up with some grilled veggies and was an excellent meal. Fillets cooked perfect and great taste.
Attached Images

shingleman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
fattrout
Registered Users-pm+

fattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Piratefattrout has been promoted to Pirate
excellent
fattrout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
Castaway2
"Skinny She Ain't"

Castaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to PirateCastaway2 has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome looking!!! I remember my first grilling job when I was 15... stole some back strap from our fridge took it over to the neighbors where his parents were out of town. We had a 12 pack between us and killed at least 6 Back strap steaks... prob the best I have ever tasted ( but hey I was drunk anything would have been good) awesome job pops and even better for staying out of his way ( best way to learn)
Castaway2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #4
jreynolds
Hangin at the Point

jreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Piratejreynolds has been promoted to Pirate
Man that looks delicious. Hats of to him for cooking a fine meal. Some of the best times I had with my pops was in the kitchen cooking or out at the grill/pit.
jreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #5
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
That's fantastic. I taught both my boys the fine art of grilling and BBQ and they are both pretty decent cooks.

That's a skill that will always serve you well.
Gottagofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #6
mas360
Registered Users-pm+

mas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Piratemas360 has been promoted to Pirate
Looking good.

Here is a question. Why is grilling almost inclusive to males of the family? I rarely know of wife/daughters messing with the grill?
mas360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #7
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas360 View Post
Looking good.

Here is a question. Why is grilling almost inclusive to males of the family? I rarely know of wife/daughters messing with the grill?
No mystery there. Because we're willing to do it and they are more than willing to let us.
Gottagofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
mjz
Registered Users-pm+

mjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Piratemjz has been promoted to Pirate
Fish on the grill, awesome way to start!!

TripleTail, no less!!
mjz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message