How can I become a Christian? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Food For the Soul
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Mrs Backlasher
Kayak Fisher

Mrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to PirateMrs Backlasher has been promoted to Pirate
How can I become a Christian?

The miracle of Christ's atonement for our sins when he died on the cross was accompanied by other miracles that validated his credentials.

The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

This was the very thick curtain that covered the entrance to the "holy of holies," the place where only the high priest of Israel could enter, and only on one day each year. On that day, the priest would first make a sacrifice for his own sins, then enter the holy of holies with the blood from a perfect lamb to make a sacrifice for the sins of all Israel. He would poor the blood of the lamb over the top of the ark of the covenent.

As the high priest was performing this duty, he would jiggle his robe which had bells sewn into the hem. He made this noise to let people know that he was still alive, for if God had not accepted the sacrifice for his personal sins, he would be struck dead when he entered the holy of holies.

This very thick, very large curtain was supernaturally torn from the top to the bottom as an indication that it was torn by God and not man. Because the ultimate price for our sin had been paid by the perfect Lamb of God, entrance to the holy of holies (the presence of God) is now open to all. The only requirement is that we accept the blood of Jesus as payment for our sin.

Ask Jesus to forgive your sin and come into your life today. If you want to do that, you can pray this simple prayer:

Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that you are the Son of God and that you died to pay the penalty for my sin, then rose again. Please forgive me. I give my life to you and ask you to come into my heart and show me how to live in a way that pleases you. Thank you for saving me. Amen.

If you sincerely reached out to Jesus and prayed that prayer from your heart, Jesus has washed your sins away by the power of his blood, and you now possess eternal life. You have the righteousness of Christ, and you've been adopted into God's family and he is your Heavenly Father. To find out all the many blessings and promises that God has for you as his child, read the New Testament portion of the Bible, and thank God for his mercies!

The devil will tell you that none of this is true, but he was a liar from the beginning and is the "accuser of the brethren." Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. Greater is he that is in you (Jesus) than he that is in the world (devil). You have the victory if you will take it. Read the Bible to gain spiritual strength.
Mrs Backlasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
CougarFisher'08
Healthy spine= tight lines

CougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieCougarFisher'08 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
amen sister story of the tabernacle grew up with thay one. tied ropes to the oreist just in case
CougarFisher'08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
harvey/mary

harvey/mary is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)harvey/mary is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)harvey/mary is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)harvey/mary is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Right on.....God teaches us this...."And everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord WILL be saved..." Acts 2:21 Also...."That if we confess with our mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in our hearts that God raised him(Jesus) from the dead, we will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10
What is so great about God...it isn't nessesarily the words we speak that save us...it is what is in our hearts God looks at. One of the theifs on his cross on one side of Jesus said these words to Jesus...."Lord, remember me........" Jesus told him, "From this moment on, you WILL be with Me in Paraidse." Awesome !!!
God is SO good and loving and SO full of Grace !!! Give our Great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, ALL the praise and glory and honor !!! Amen !!!
harvey/mary is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
luv2fish
Fisher of Men

luv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirate
I Praise God for ALL things.AMEN
luv2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
Bay Gal
Just Happy to Be Here!

Bay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to PirateBay Gal has been promoted to Pirate
Back to the top!
Bay Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
luv2fish
Fisher of Men

luv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirateluv2fish has been promoted to Pirate
Ttt
luv2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Seahuntress
Loving Life!

Seahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to PirateSeahuntress has been promoted to Pirate
A christian

My own suffering in life has made me a christian...it will drawl you to him...that's why he lets it happen...
Seahuntress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #8
WeldCraft

WeldCraft is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I don't think our sufferings in life make us Christians, but I am sure that sufferings in some lives will surely draw us to God through Christ.
WeldCraft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
ComeFrom?
Registered Users-pm+

ComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to PirateComeFrom? has been promoted to Pirate
Betty;

I don't know how to describe what I have to say here, but like always, bear with me. Do you realize how important this post is? Ending that last sentence with a preposition doesn't matter.

When the disciples asked the Lord when these things (His return) will happen He responded in His usual manner in drawing the picture of signs when the seasons change when trees bloom, when the weather shows evidence of rain and, to me, everyday that passes is a day closer to the day when he does return.

Being drawn to Christ happens to a person as (and when) Christ is invited into a person's life. To me, Christ works through each one of us in a thousand ways. Through other people, through incidents in our lives, through dreams, through growing older, through loss of loved ones, through finally awakening to the fact that this earth and everything living on it DID NOT and COULD NOT have happened by accident or by some Big Bang theory. Finally, after long waiting God sees in each one of us the slow "coming around" realizing that it's time to do some real searching.

Thanks to the help of others including my great friend Dr. Davis, writings by authors far more knowledgable, trained and educated on the subject of Christianity (not to mention the most important - the bible) AND the always important source of encouragement by people like Mr. and Mrs. Backlasher (and many others) and by going to church and bible study did it cross my mind to consider Christianity has that one little weird twist in it that makes it all too real....consistency and all the many people who documented their statements that what they saw actually happened...whether it was one of the million miracles Jesus did or the most important one....His resurrection.

This is a very important post. High five Mrs. B!! CF?
ComeFrom? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2006, 03:30 AM   #10
trout250
Registered Users-pm+

trout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Piratetrout250 has been promoted to Pirate
Fish He loved us before we loved him

Good post ms B. i think that the hrdest part to becoming a christian, is realizing the fact that I was a sinner,and needed to accept CHRIST as my personnel savior, once you make this decision John 3:16 pretty much says it all.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jim
trout250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message