New ways to cook trout fillets? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
SpeckReds
Registered Users-pm+

SpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to Pirate
New ways to cook trout fillets?

We love fish and eat it often. I love them fried, blackened, and baked with a little lemon pepper, butter, and spice.
I also love trout ceviche, but only 2 of us in the house will eat it.

Just looking for a few new ways to eat them, and maybe some other spices that people use on them.

What about trout fajita recipe? Have eaten them like this in P.O. a few times at a place there and they are great.

Thanks.

post pics to if u have any.

Last edited by SpeckReds; 08-10-2012 at 03:49 PM.
SpeckReds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
smokey4
Registered Users-pm+

smokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateersmokey4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
catfish supreme

Check out the recipe on this site called
Catfish Supreme
I tried it and it is great.....
smokey4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Thepartsguy50
Registered Users-pm+

Thepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to PirateThepartsguy50 has been promoted to Pirate
trout recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckReds View Post
We love fish and eat it often. I love them fried, blackened, and baked with a little lemon pepper, butter, and spice.
I also love trout ceviche, but only 2 of us in the house will eat it.

Just looking for a few new ways to eat them, and maybe some other spices that people use on them.

What about trout fajita recipe? Have eaten them like this in P.O. a few times at a place there and they are great.

Thanks.

post pics to if u have any.
sorry no pic's but try this if you want, i take my filets and soak them in ranch dressing, with a lil lemon in it over nite in fridge , i buy sourcream/onion chips and smash them up pretty fine then roll my filets in that and bake when they are close to being done i turn broiler on and let them cook about 6more minutes or till chips turn color on the top remove and serve,enjoy
Thepartsguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
saltwatercowboy
Registered Users-pm+

saltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Pirate
fish tacos, fish alfredo, grilled. pan fried with onions, mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup, fish salad

Last edited by saltwatercowboy; 08-28-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo
saltwatercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
saltwatercowboy
Registered Users-pm+

saltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Piratesaltwatercowboy has been promoted to Pirate
o forgot one not enough time to write the recipe but search alice springs chicken from outback replace chicken with trout fillets or redfish on half shell its amazing
saltwatercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Captain Dave
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows

Captain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to PirateCaptain Dave has been promoted to Pirate
SpecReds.. Do a search for my feech reports.. Usally I include a pic and sometimes the recipe of the catch. A nice variety of ways to prepare... Let me know which ones you like...
Captain Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
rapnrod
Registered Users-pm+

rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)rapnrod has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Don't know how to copy thread but try the trout patty's on pg. 2 of recipe forum. 3-8-2012 They are very very good.
rapnrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
SaltNStickers
Registered Users-pm+

SaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltNStickers has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I am thinking about pan searing some filets coated in breadcrumbs. Then making a cheesy sauce w crab meat to pour over the filets. Just a thought, haven't attempted yet....
SaltNStickers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
FishBurd27
Registered Users-pm+

FishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to Pirate
I try all kinds of crazy new stuff. The latest, took some fillets and made some little foil packs, put olive oil on th foil and placed the fish in it. Then seasoned the fish with my typical (blk pepper, garlic powder, sea salt, red pepper)

Then the KICKER!! I thinly sliced ( as in less than an 1/8" ) some APPLES!! YES APPLES!

and layed them across the top and then also put a few slices on yellow onion on top of that. Baked it on the grill for about 20 mins. Never would have thought, but wow!!! Its amazing, it add a really nice little sweet flavor which is great contrast with a little spice.
FishBurd27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
Boaz
Registered Users-pm+

Boaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to PirateBoaz has been promoted to Pirate
catch of the day

Speckreds
John Henrys "catch of the day" Put on vegetables in skillet or wok. then do your fish or shrimp. use a little olive oil. very good!
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message