Sea sick remedy? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 07-14-2004, 04:34 PM   #11
phattuna
Registered Users-pm+

phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)phattuna is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Drugs

Clarification - Its called Bonine, not Bodine.

The active ingredient in Bonine is Meclizine HCI, which is the SAME THING as DRAMAMINE II (the non Drowsy forumula), which is the SAME THING as Wal-DramII (Walgreen's version of Meclizine HCI.)

I suggest purchasing Wal DramII. It is effective and cheaper option. I recommend NOT using the original dramamine.

I suggest taking ONE tablet the DAY before the trip and one tablet the morning of the trip (once you wake up so it wil have time to get into your system. )

This week will have VERY calm seas. If any prevention, Meclizine should do the trick. In the future, if you are going out on rough seas, I would suggest using Zofran. Zofran is the med that is given to cancer patients during chemo treatment. I would assume that you would need a good relationship with your doctor for him/her to prescribe this drug to you for this purpose.

Other factors that should prevent sea sickness:

1) Get a good night sleep. (I always have problem with this, I have been fishing for years, but I still get excitied the night before fishing, not matter what kind of fishing trip.)
2) Do not drink more than two beers the night before.
3) Do not eat greasy food the night before or in the morning.
4) Eat a quick and small breakfast in the morning.
5) Do not drink beer until the boat is headed back to land.
6) Hydrate yourself good the days before the trip.
phattuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 04:43 PM   #12
speckle-catcher
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattuna
Other factors that should prevent sea sickness:

1) Get a good night sleep. (I always have problem with this, I have been fishing for years, but I still get excitied the night before fishing, not matter what kind of fishing trip.)
2) Do not drink more than two beers the night before.
3) Do not eat greasy food the night before or in the morning.
4) Eat a quick and small breakfast in the morning.
5) Do not drink beer until the boat is headed back to land.
6) Hydrate yourself good the days before the trip.
It's a good thing I don't get seasick, cause if I could never follow all those rules.

1. Can't get but 2 hours sleep before fishing trip due to excitement
2. blasphemy
3. yea, right
4. does 3 taquitos from whataburger count as quick and small?
5. I'll try
6. So, no water pills?
speckle-catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 04:52 PM   #13
TXPalerider
We all have it coming......

TXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to Pirate
I've never taken any of it. But, from what I've witnessed Bonine is the best. However, if you wait until you are queasy, it's to late. Take something the night before and keep your head up with eyes on the horizon as much as possible.

I also agree, 90% is in your head. When I used to deckhand, I'd have a customer that was a real Pain in the Arse, I could usually talk him into getting sick. Then he would retire to the salon and out of the cockpit. AHHHH RELIEF!!!
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #14
Bayduck
There We Go !

Bayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to PirateBayduck has been promoted to Pirate
Cool There's a yahoo

on our boat that used to eat pickles whenever he started 'getting quiet'....

Fixed him right up, but sent me upwind for sure......LOL !

Also used to watch sick divers true up once they got in the water....So grab a mask jump on over ?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:14 PM   #15
Okie Dokie

Okie Dokie is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Equate brand motion sickness pills at Walmart for under $2.00. They even work if you start getting queezy at sea. I don't know if they will work for everyone, but they have never failed anyone on our boat.
Okie Dokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 05:16 PM   #16
Bret
Iusedtofish

Bret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to PirateBret has been promoted to Pirate
Ginger snap cookies

You might buy a couple of boxes of ginger snaps and eat a few the night before and snack on them throughout the day. I used to race sailboats offshore and we always kept some on board for the people that got queezy. Seemed to work for them.
Adios,
Bret
Bret is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 06:05 PM   #17
speckle-catcher
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayduck
on our boat that used to eat pickles whenever he started 'getting quiet'....

Fixed him right up, but sent me upwind for sure......LOL !

Also used to watch sick divers true up once they got in the water....So grab a mask jump on over ?
The only time I ever even started gettin quesy, the only thing we had to eat was a granola bar. It seemed to help.

Very true on jumping in the water. It will calm seasickness within minutes. Take a speargun when you go over and get a ling.
speckle-catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 06:10 PM   #18
EricG
Registered Users-pm+

EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)EricG has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
The scope patches that you put behind your ear work real well. Only problem is they are prescription only.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 07:31 PM   #19
Bobby
Registered Users-pm+

Bobby has disabled reputation
My Dad always used ginger fresh just scrape some off and put it under your tongue
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #20
Tall1fin
Registered Users-pm+

Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tall1fin is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Go with the BONINE. I hate the taste of Ginger...now Mary Ann is a different story.
Tall1fin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message