Alabama Ribs Cooked In Coke...bad to the bone - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #21
waterwolf
slap ya mama

waterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Pirate
THATS THE ONE,,kingfisher lived down the road from it..near lakewood
waterwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #22
KINGFISHER71
Registered Users-pm+

KINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to PirateKINGFISHER71 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd smoke View Post
i am wondering which "DANIELS Meat Market" you are talking about?? there is one in baytown on thompson rd
That's the one and only! Used to look forward to friday night supper. Mom would haul us down there for chopped BBQ sandwhiches, chips and one of those sweeeeet 10oz. bottled cokes. That went back as far as I can remember. I'm fifty now and thet're still going strong!
KINGFISHER71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #23
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
I've always done my ribs on the grill with indirect heat, and a nice rub/bbq sauce. Then my buddy let me in on something he does. 45 minutes before he takes them off, he wraps them in a foil boat, and adds apple juice. Let them finish cooking in that, take out and cook for about 5 more over the heat and coat with bbq sauce. Works great.

I may experiment and try it with a can of coke instead of apple juice...may turn out good.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
waterwolf
slap ya mama

waterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Pirate
chase4556 thats the best way to do them by wrapping them in foil if cooking with wood...fall off the bone good...even saw a guy put maple syrup on them then wrap in foil and finish cookin like you do.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #25
BlueWaveCapt
aka: KSims1868

BlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to PirateBlueWaveCapt has been promoted to Pirate
Something I always do (will be doing it tonight) is to soak/marinate my ribs in a cooler full of pineapple juice. I'll use 3-4 cans of pineapple juice mixed with 1 cup (or a little more) of balsamic vinegar. Lay 3-5 racks of babyback ribs (or whatever ribs you want) in there (after pulling off the membrane of course) and let them soak for 24 hours.

This method works great. I usually reserve a large pot of the pineapple juice marinade and add some other stuff to it (spices, brown sugar, etc..) and cook it down for several hours to use as a "mop" while slow cooking my ribs (4-5 hrs) on the smoker.

Best ribs I've ever had in my life (and many, many friends/family agree).
BlueWaveCapt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #26
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWaveCapt View Post
Something I always do (will be doing it tonight) is to soak/marinate my ribs in a cooler full of pineapple juice. I'll use 3-4 cans of pineapple juice mixed with 1 cup (or a little more) of balsamic vinegar. Lay 3-5 racks of babyback ribs (or whatever ribs you want) in there (after pulling off the membrane of course) and let them soak for 24 hours.

This method works great. I usually reserve a large pot of the pineapple juice marinade and add some other stuff to it (spices, brown sugar, etc..) and cook it down for several hours to use as a "mop" while slow cooking my ribs (4-5 hrs) on the smoker.

Best ribs I've ever had in my life (and many, many friends/family agree).

The pineapple juice marinade works awesome on fajita's too. Makes them fork tender.
Haute Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #27
kim e cooper
Registered Users-pm+

kim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Piratekim e cooper has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
Redraider77 you hit it right on the money,just got finished cooking a batch of sausage"used my deer sausage" and it turned out the best I ever tasted,,,tender tender tender. All I need now is bread and mustard ...Give credit where credit is due,,,THANKS Redraider
X2 made them for lunch and they were great .Cooking the Alabama ribs right now for supper, love these 2Cool recipe..
kim e cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #28
kdubya
Member..Whats wrong with my member

kdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Piratekdubya has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim e cooper View Post
.Cooking the Alabama ribs right now for supper.
I'm doing the Alabama ribs as we speak. bout thirty minutes in, fixin to reduce heat and cover for an hour. Gonna put 6 T bones on the grill in about 30 minutes.

We shall see. Ribs in coke in a pot is just way beyond tradition for me. LOL

Kelly
kdubya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #29
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubya View Post
I'm doing the Alabama ribs as we speak. bout thirty minutes in, fixin to reduce heat and cover for an hour. Gonna put 6 T bones on the grill in about 30 minutes.

We shall see. Ribs in coke in a pot is just way beyond tradition for me. LOL

Kelly
I did them on Friday. They were good then but even better the next day. Not as good as slow pecan smoked but I went to bed without smelling like a chimnea. LOL
Haute Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #30
waterwolf
slap ya mama

will be doing the pineapple in ice-chest for the Fajitas next time ,,thanks for the idea