Alabama Ribs Cooked In Coke...bad to the bone - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
waterwolf
slap ya mama

waterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Pirate
Alabama Ribs Cooked In Coke...bad to the bone

Ok,,,,,My buddy got this from a Alabama boy that gauranteed it to be the best ribs you ever tasted....So I put it to the test....And VERY VERY simple to make.....

1- pack Country Style Ribs (pork) big fat ones

1- Bottle of BBQ Sauce (i used Sweet Baby Ray)

2-Cans of Coke (enough to cover ribs by 1/2 in) use more if nessasary to cover

Tonys seasoning or whatever blend you like.

Put all the above in large pot and bring to a boil over Med High heat for about 30min,,,Stir when needed....reduce heat to med-low and cover pot for another 45 min to 1 hr......
Serve with potatoe salad and pinto beans...or fresh corn cook in black iron skillet with real butter and black pepper...Oh maybe alittle of Gary's Dirty Rice also...Enjoy

Dont expect to taste an overwhelming coke flavor,,,,it nothing like i ever expected...Tender for sure...and easy..

C'est Bon, Claydeaux
waterwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
fishtale
Registered Users-pm+

fishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Pirate
I just got through serving up a batch of these ribs...Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!! Very tasty, and soooo easy. Thanks for posting it!!!
fishtale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
Rockportraider
Registered Users-pm+

Rockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieRockportraider has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Can you elaborate on how to cook them? Just throw in a large pot and that will actually cook the meat? Excuse my ignorance.
Rockportraider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
fishtale
Registered Users-pm+

fishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Piratefishtale has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockportraider View Post
Can you elaborate on how to cook them? Just throw in a large pot and that will actually cook the meat? Excuse my ignorance.
Here's what I did...

Spice the ribs generously with your seasoning of choice.

Put them in a pot, and pour the coke and BBQ sauce and boil uncovered for 45 mins.

Then boil covered on low heat for (I did an hour and 15 mins.)

Then eat...Good stuff
fishtale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
waterwolf
slap ya mama

waterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Piratewaterwolf has been promoted to Pirate
leftovers

Ate the left-overs and i believe they were mo better today....cant get no easier than this recipe....Think I'm gona throw some onions (slice them like you would for hamburgers) in next batch.....Glad you enjoyed them Fishtale
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
slpfishingmom
Registered Users-pm+

slpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateerslpfishingmom has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Doowapstart Excellent way to cook the country ribs

We just finish dinner and I cooked the Alabama ribs. I must say it works great. The meat just fell off of the bone and the flavor was very good. I took some of the sauce and reduced it down to make a thick bq type sauce to put over the meat. Thanks for the suggestion. Be sure to try it.
slpfishingmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
redraider77
Registered Users-pm+

redraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieredraider77 has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
There was a country store near me that had the best link sandwiches you ever had. Kept recipe secret for years. It changed owners--former employee told us their method---it was basically this recipe. Try with Zummo's Partytime Links & plenty of mayonaise/mustard. Try w/ Crock Pot.
redraider77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
waterwolf
slap ya mama

are the party time links the short ones or a large link you have to cut? thanks
Old 06-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
waterwolf
slap ya mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider77 View Post
There was a country store near me that had the best link sandwiches you ever had. Kept recipe secret for years. It changed owners--former employee told us their method---it was basically this recipe. Try with Zummo's Partytime Links & plenty of mayonaise/mustard. Try w/ Crock Pot.
Redraider77 you hit it right on the money,just got finished cooking a batch of sausage"used my deer sausage" and it turned out the best I ever tasted,,,tender tender tender. All I need now is bread and mustard ...Give credit where credit is due,,,THANKS Redraider
Old 06-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #10
Procrastinator
Registered Users-pm+

Procrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to PirateProcrastinator has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
are the party time links the short ones or a large link you have to cut? thanks
Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message