Bryan beach - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Bryan beach

Went out to Bryan Beach this morning. Drove along until I saw a gut I liked. Waded in at around 7:30. Solid action until about 8:15. Most fish undersized or right at 15". Kept 3 that went 16" or 17".

Moved down a little and got one more keeper at about 9:15. Called it at 9:30. Had a few ladyfish, a few little jacks and a bluefish in between the trout. Surf had some pretty good rollers come in, but no chop and minimal upshore current.

Fun, fun, it was.
karstopo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #2
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Bryan beach

Excellent thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-07-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
DUKFVR2
Registered Users-pm+

DUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to Pirate
Plastics or Live Bait?
DUKFVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Size 4 Tan Borski Slider.
Took a look at the fish’s stomachs, but they were pretty empty, one had some remnants of a little unidentifiable baitfish. Lots a three inch mullet around, hugging the bar I was standing on, but I didn’t notice anything getting at them. All the fish were in the first gut, I never even made it to the next bar and the second gut.

Tried a different shrimp looking fly for a little bit, but got nothing on it.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #5
DUKFVR2
Registered Users-pm+

DUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to PirateDUKFVR2 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
Size 4 Tan Borski Slider.
Took a look at the fish’s stomachs, but they were pretty empty, one had some remnants of a little unidentifiable baitfish. Lots a three inch mullet around, hugging the bar I was standing on, but I didn’t notice anything getting at them. All the fish were in the first gut, I never even made it to the next bar and the second gut.

Tried a different shrimp looking fly for a little bit, but got nothing on it.
Thanks & Congrats!
DUKFVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
don't hear or see many fly fishing the surf. cool stuff. what kind of weight or sink rate (if any) did that fly have?
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #7
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccain View Post
don't hear or see many fly fishing the surf. cool stuff. what kind of weight or sink rate (if any) did that fly have?
I tie those Borski sliders mainly with a small tungsten dumbbell. The tungsten ones might sink about a foot per second, plus or minus, depending on different things like how close I trim the deer hair.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:24 PM   #8
iamatt
Work to fish

iamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirate
How was the drive down there? It's been pretty deep for us lately. Have a 4x4 but was wondering anyway. Thanks. Can you get to the mouth of the brazos ok?
iamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2019, 04:18 AM   #9
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamatt View Post
How was the drive down there? It's been pretty deep for us lately. Have a 4x4 but was wondering anyway. Thanks. Can you get to the mouth of the brazos ok?
I didn’t try to go all of the way to the MOB. The little pinch point about a mile from the mouth was passable with room to spare. I did see trucks and cars continue on towards the mouth and it looked like they were getting there. I had been to the mouth area about a month ago and there were several big drift trees that made it tough to get around. A bigger tide over 2 feet might be tough at the place where the clay bank comes close to the water. The water level at dawn Saturday was more like 1.5 feet and dropping a little.

The main entrance coming straight off the Quintana bridge wasn’t too bad. Looked like they had recently scraped it. I always put it in 4 wheel drive before I get off the improved road, but it wasn’t needed. I didn’t drive the road at the 4 way stop that goes to the right. There was a partial barricade there and it’s been a old fashioned wash board lately anyway.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #10
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Ok thanks! It's been YEARS since down there, used to hunt that salt pond by the MoB. Thanks for the good info but I still will have to do a recon during the day before heading out there for the first time in years at night. You know there are flounder all over there.
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message