Trout Patties (bettter than crabcakes!) - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
Family Style
Registered Users-pm+

Family Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to Pirate
I used left over fried Striper tonight with some canned **** meat. Just throw the fried fish in a food processer.
Family Style is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #22
MrsTroutsnot
Registered Users-pm+

MrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to Pirate
Made these last night using White Bass...OUTSTANDING RECIPE!! Will be a 'KEEPER' in our household.

Thanks for posting...Have a "Greenie'!
MrsTroutsnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #23
JFolm
Unorthodox Millenial

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
Anybody have a suggestion on how many crappie fillets this will prepare?

What's better? Bake or crab boil the fish?
JFolm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
Made it this weekend, we baked the fish
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
JFolm
Unorthodox Millenial

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profish00 View Post
Made it this weekend, we baked the fish
How much fish did you use?
Old 05-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #26
JFolm
Unorthodox Millenial

Just cooked some and they were great! I used a little less than a quart bag of crappie. I also added some jalapeño and garlic.

A few issues I had problems with,

I didn't add enough cracker crumbs the first batch and they fell apart in the grease. I added way more the what the recipe called for. Mine may have been too wet from the get go for some reason.

I had the heat up too hot in the beginning and almost burnt the oil.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #27
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFolm View Post
How much fish did you use?
3lbs/2 fish, 1/2 a sandwich bag about. made 7 Patty's. The trick is to let cool before making patty's.
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFolm View Post
Just cooked some and they were great! I used a little less than a quart bag of crappie. I also added some jalapeño and garlic.

A few issues I had problems with,

I didn't add enough cracker crumbs the first batch and they fell apart in the grease. I added way more the what the recipe called for. Mine may have been too wet from the get go for some reason.

I had the heat up too hot in the beginning and almost burnt the oil.
Lol..yer a mess J. Let the lil' lady do it next time. And I can't believe you did that to sac-a-lait

©
spurgersalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #29
JFolm
Unorthodox Millenial

If you think I am a mess you should see her in action. She did whip up some decent étouffée though.

Don't worry, it was some of that nasty trash fish from dam b!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #30
FishBurd27
Registered Users-pm+

FishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to PirateFishBurd27 has been promoted to Pirate
Made these the other day using a flounder I caught that day, man just the boiled flounder meat plain jane was delicious.. But they were awesome!! Will def make again. FYI, one 16 inche flounder made 3 nice size cakes.

I did add an egg and a couple tablespoons of milk that I mixed up to the mix to help bind a little (not saying it needed it, I just dont make stuff like this without it).
FishBurd27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message