6.0 Powerstroke 4x4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #1
el dorado
Registered Users-pm+

el dorado has disabled reputation
6.0 Powerstroke 4x4

So, this POS again. I went to start it after not running for about a week or so. The glow plug light seemed to stay on longer than normal, then I started it. All dash lights, (wrench, ABS, etc) stay on and the tach and odometer quit working. I shut it off, then it wouldn't crank. Disconnected batteries with headlights on for an hour. Hooked back up, started up still problems with dash lights. I touched the positive terminal on the drivers battery, !#$%ing thing dies. I pulled both batts again, had O'Reilly load test the batts and one is bad. Gonna buy 2 new ones today, maybe that will fix it. Any one ever had this issue? I had rained like 3" the day before I tried this and I noticed water on the passenger side batt. Could I have shorted something out? After a 9k trip to the mechanic in August, I was hoping to be done with this @#$%$^&, but alas here I am.
el dorado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
snapperlicious
Registered Users-pm+

snapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Pirate
More than likely your batteries but when you get the new ones in go and get your alternator checked.
snapperlicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
triton
Registered Users-pm+

triton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Riggertriton has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I have an 04 as well. A few years back my alternator tanked thus discharging the batteries....I do recall lots of strange things happening with the dash lights etc...prob the bad battery causing it. And yes replace as a pair.
triton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #4
parrka
Registered Users-pm+

parrka is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I also have a 04, mine did the same thing this summer. I had replaced the batts a couple months before( always replace both at same time ) put a voltmeter on truck and alternator was not putting out. Replaced it and truck runs fine. I now have a CTS insight monitor to watch my truck better.
parrka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #5
WestEnd1
Dizzy Dorado

WestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to Pirate
Had something similar in my 06', ran thru a few different sets of batteries and then finally alternator was bad. Best thing I ever did was get rid of that truck over the summer. Every couple months it was always something after the whole egr stuff started
WestEnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #6
wakeupluis
Registered Users-pm+

wakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Piratewakeupluis has been promoted to Pirate
If you have an android phone. Get the torque pro app. And get
A cheap Bluetooth 327elm obd2 connector from amazon. Of course I am assuming you don't have a method to check codes and monitor your truck. If you have an iPhone you will need an app called dashboss. It will be way more expensive. If you need the dash boss. I may know someone with a used set up. Just pm me. Good luck. Monitor your trucks sensors to see what's happening. Ford-trucks.com is a great place to look for answers
wakeupluis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #7
SARDOG
Registered Users-pm+

SARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to PirateSARDOG has been promoted to Pirate
2004 f250 6.0

Last year replaced alt. this year replace batt's. and alt. found short in the passenger seat electric controller. "unplugged" the seat connection, problem solved. It did **** me off for 3 months (only drive it about once every 2 weeks). Something to consider
SARDOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #8
cg_wilson2003
Registered Users-pm+

cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)cg_wilson2003 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el dorado View Post
So, this POS again. I went to start it after not running for about a week or so. The glow plug light seemed to stay on longer than normal, then I started it. All dash lights, (wrench, ABS, etc) stay on and the tach and odometer quit working. I shut it off, then it wouldn't crank. Disconnected batteries with headlights on for an hour. Hooked back up, started up still problems with dash lights. I touched the positive terminal on the drivers battery, !#$%ing thing dies. I pulled both batts again, had O'Reilly load test the batts and one is bad. Gonna buy 2 new ones today, maybe that will fix it. Any one ever had this issue? I had rained like 3" the day before I tried this and I noticed water on the passenger side batt. Could I have shorted something out? After a 9k trip to the mechanic in August, I was hoping to be done with this @#$%$^&, but alas here I am.
If one battery is bad and the other low it might have trouble starting or maybe not at all. Especially with this colder weather.

I 2nd the suggestion of others to get something that displays real time data. The 6.0 is not a bad engine but you have to monitor what is going on. Something as simple as a bad/weak battery can kill off the FICM and possibly injectors. If you have live data you would have seen the battery going bad right when it happened.
cg_wilson2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #9
iamatt
Work to fish

iamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirate
If you just need some batteries before you dump that POS (had an 03) there is an interstate place on 288 where you can get refurb redtop etc batteries. Sometimes they have matches other times they don't but if you just need something cheap to get yah through this spell that may be an option.

3014 Old Spanish Trail
Houston, Texas 77054
(713) 747-9970
iamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message