Seat Covers - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2014, 12:52 AM   #11
scwine
It wasn't me!

scwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Piratescwine has been promoted to Pirate
I have heard great things about Wet Okole. How does Marathon compare to those?
scwine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #12
Galveston Yankee
Just an old ?

Galveston Yankee has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexBone View Post
While I agree marathon makes the best seat covers, I'd like to share my experience.

I purchased a set of marathon super hides for my f350 in February 2011, paid the extra to get the map pocket and rifle pouch. Fast forward to September 2014, my seat covers had a considerable amount of mud and dirt on them so I decided to remove and toss them in the washing machine on gentle cycle. The wash finished, I open the lid and find that the seat covers must have lost a mexican knife fight while washing. Danm near every seam was split or frayed.

I called marathon customer service and talked to a rep. I admitted to machine washing them, to which she replied "oh, that should not be a problem, email some photos so we can take a look". Cool, I snap several photos showing all the damage and emailed them to her.

Five days later I get a reply to my email basically saying that I'm out of warranty, no way you only washed them once, and we can sell you individual pieces.

In hindsight, I should have left them alone. I took them to a competent seamstress and had them stitched back together.
I bought a set of Marathon seat covers about the same time that you did. I washed them earlier this year and had no problems other than the velcro reattaching in all of the wrong places. Looked like a science project gone bad.
Galveston Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
Nwilkins
PGA Member

Nwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to Pirate
Marathon, cost a fortune, takes 6 to 8 weeks to fill order,,, worth every penny and the wait
Nwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #14
Galveston Yankee
Just an old ?

Galveston Yankee has disabled reputation
The nice thing about Marathon is that their seat covers are made to order and they will not start production until they have spoken with you on the phone to ensure that every little detail is correct.
Galveston Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
Majek20V
Registered Users-pm+

Majek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to PirateMajek20V has been promoted to Pirate
I like my Headwaters. Full custom and can add pockets and anything you want. Full cordura waterproof and bulletproof (small caliber)
Majek20V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #16
Soapeddler
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"

Soapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to PirateSoapeddler has been promoted to Pirate
I've had Hatchie Bottom's on my '08 since it was new. Very pleased. Will get more for my next truck.

http://www.hatchiebottom.com/truck-seat-covers.aspx
Soapeddler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #17
Pilot281
Certified Thread Killer

Pilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to PiratePilot281 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwine View Post
I have heard great things about Wet Okole. How does Marathon compare to those?
I have Wet Okoles in my truck and they are great. If you like the seat cover look, get the Marathons. If you want seat covers and still want the seat to look factory, go with the Wet Okoles.
Pilot281 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #18
Hunter11
Registered Users-pm+

Hunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to PirateHunter11 has been promoted to Pirate
Headwaters in both mine and my wife's truck.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message