Garry's Cajun Dirty Rice - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
texasGG
Reelrednecks Fishing Team

texasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to Pirate
Garry's Cajun Dirty Rice

Ok this is an easy recipe. Just dump, stir, and cook... I like mine with quite a bit of bite to it. If you have kids you may want to back way down on the red pepper. I like to eat this with Club Crackers and a cold beer but its good all on its on. It reheats great too....

2 cups rice (Uncle Bens long grain works best)
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can French Onion soup
1 1/2 soup cans of water
1 onion chopped
1/2 chopped Bell pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 TBL. salt
1 tsp. RED PEPPER ( this is spicey, cut down to your taste)
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Brown your meat with the onions. Get a 11 X 13 X 1 1/2" baking pan. Now combine ALL the ingredients, the meat, the soups, the rice, the spices and stir all together throughly. (Don't worry, it will taste much better than it looks at this point) Cover with tin foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 10-15 minutes OR until your rice is done... if you like spicey cajun this is one of my favorite cajun recipes...
texasGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
MrsTroutsnot
Registered Users-pm+

MrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to PirateMrsTroutsnot has been promoted to Pirate
Was just looking for a recipe for Dirty Rice for supper, this evening, to go along with Bourbon Chicken, on the grill! Thanks for the recipe!

MrsTroutsnot
MrsTroutsnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
texasGG

texasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to Pirate
Your welcome, I hope it works out good for you ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
muleherder
Registered Users-pm+

muleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Riggermuleherder has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Review

I tried this tonight and it was really good. Good recipe. The 1 tsp cayenne is not too much.

Boy you nailed it! I really had my doubts after stirring all the stuff together in the casserole dish but it turned out good.
muleherder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
brazman
Get enough Brazos in your diet.

brazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Pirate
just checking, you don't cook the rice first?
brazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
texasGG

No you put it in uncooked it will cook and absorb a lot of the soups and make it really good....Hope you like it..
Old 04-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
railman
Registered Users-pm+

railman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Pirate
I like how you said cover with tin foil Thats what I call it and my grand kids laugh at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasGG
Ok this is an easy recipe. Just dump, stir, and cook... I like mine with quite a bit of bite to it. If you have kids you may want to back way down on the red pepper. I like to eat this with Club Crackers and a cold beer but its good all on its on. It reheats great too....

2 cups rice (Uncle Bens long grain works best)
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can French Onion soup
1 1/2 soup cans of water
1 onion chopped
1/2 chopped Bell pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 TBL. salt
1 tsp. RED PEPPER ( this is spicey, cut down to your taste)
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Brown your meat with the onions. Get a 11 X 13 X 1 1/2" baking pan. Now combine ALL the ingredients, the meat, the soups, the rice, the spices and stir all together throughly. (Don't worry, it will taste much better than it looks at this point) Cover with tin foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 10-15 minutes OR until your rice is done... if you like spicey cajun this is one of my favorite cajun recipes...
railman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #8
railman
Registered Users-pm+

railman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Piraterailman has been promoted to Pirate
I tried it and it's great.
railman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #9
texasGG

Hi, Glad you liked it..We make Dirty Rice for New Years Eve parties here every year and everyone comes looking for it now..

Yeah, my kids are always saying stuff about the things I say...Like I was looking at the kids "annual" the other day and everyone was looking at me like I had three heads I said "what?" they informed me its a YEARBOOK. I guess I'm just getting old and out of touch
Old 04-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
WhiteH20_Princess
Registered Users-pm+

WhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterWhiteH20_Princess has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
I cut the red pepper down to 1/2 tsp. and it was perfect for me, just enough heat to still taste the flavors. I can take stuff kinda hot, but not killin' ya hot!!

Again Thanks Garry, great recipe! Also I even think my husband who doesn't really cook much can make this!!
WhiteH20_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message