Mansfield Sat - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 07-18-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
Argo
Registered Users-pm+

Argo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to Pirate
Fishy Mansfield Sat

Just got finished cleaning the fish. Had a limit of snaps 16-22", not too big. Had a couple of african pompano and that is about all we had to keep. Hit the docks at about 5:30 to tune of the normal freak show at the mansfield docks. We ran out to 10 fathom wreck and it was dead, not a single nibble other than a flat line hit as soon as we got there, it spit the hook though. We then went rig hopping and limited on the snaps and had a couple of real nice runs from what could only be an AJ. Then we decided to troll in around the shrimp fleet and had a couple of decent kings hooked up. We kept none of them since we had plenty of meat. We also managed to hook a real nice sail about 10 miles out from the jetty. It ran and tail walked for about 15 minutes then spit the hook. It hit a pink/yellow/white skirted ballyhoo w/ 8oz weight in the head of the skirt. We got the kings to hit on a 10.5" yozuri bonita and also ballyhoo w/ iland ballyhood/skirt on it. It was a nice day w/ about 2-3' seas in between the 1'rs. We unfortunatly will not be fishing TIFT now because apparently we hit something that managed to peel a 2x3' section of fiberglass off the bottom of the hull. We didnt notice it until we got it on the trailer. I thought I scratched it on the trailer when loading because the thing floats.....But There was no fiberglass to be seen. Anyhow, he is gonna send his rig to the shop and see how fast they can do it. I am sure it will take a while. Anyone know a good glass man in the corpus or SA area? We were pretty lucky that it did not go all the way through and sink us though. I might take my boat down to tift and to the inshore fishing. Have not put too much into it yet though.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
nfo2na
Registered Users-pm+

nfo2na has disabled reputation
Argo,
Take your boat to Fibertex Supply in Corpus. They are good people and do good work. Customer service is top notch as well. A guy named Kevin owns the place but anyone of the boys there can help you out. Prices seemed pretty good, but to be honest, that wasn't a concern of mine because my repairs were under warranty. They are in the book...zap me if you need the number.
By the way, how long did it take Ronnie's to get your tune up done? I need to get my motor tuned as well and am looking for a good place. Also, congrats on the catch! Especially with the Sail!! The wreck fishing sounds like it was when JimN and I were down there a couple weeks back. I am looking forward to fishing down there again! Gotta' get into some of that AJ that I have been hearing you talk about.

Junior

Semper Fi

I never went into the air thinking I would lose.
— Commander Randy 'Duke' Cunningham, USN
nfo2na is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
2wahoo
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!

2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate2wahoo has been promoted to Pirate
Argo,

Sorry about the boat damage. Good to hear that you got plenty to eat. Hope that you can make it to TIFT. Might see you at the Calcutta room or at the meal.
2wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
Instigator
Duck removal service

Instigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to PirateInstigator has been promoted to Pirate
The Mansfield Death Trap

Argo, if you guys are using PM Marina on the north side you have to be very careful when you load your boat. The shoal and manatee grass builds up so heavy in those slips that you could hide an elephant under it and never know. A couple years ago I pulled my flat bottomed bay boat out there and discovered a 4' long 2X6 with spikes up, between my hull and the trailer skids. Backed it down again, freed the timber and what we found wasn't pretty. I got to see my local glass man over that one. You guys could have done the same thing.

I'll be in Houston during TIFT so you guys collect the hardware (and cash) that would rightfully be mine
Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #5
Argo
Registered Users-pm+

Argo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to Pirate
We always use the south marina due to the wind factor mainly. Never thought about the other factors but thanks for the info. nfo2na, thanks for the info, the boat owner is actually in corpus today so I told him to go and check out that place. Hopefully it works out well. He is probably going to get the whole bottom re glassed just for S&G's. It was a great fishing day though.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2004, 08:44 AM   #6
JimN
Registered Users-pm+

JimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieJimN has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Argo,

Thanks for the report. We ended up fishing out of Port A at rig 696 and came back with 6 kings and a couple of bonitos. Was a decent day out. Can't wait to get back down to PM.
JimN is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message