Accurate vs Avet - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
CBBSteve
Registered Users-pm+

CBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to PirateCBBSteve has been promoted to Pirate
Accurate vs Avet

I'm looking to add a new 2 speed twin drag reel to my arsenal and I'm considering either the Accurate BX2-500 or the Avet MXL 6/4 Raptor.

Accurate BX2-500

Avet MXL 6/4 Raptor

The specs on the two reels are very similar, maybe the Avet has a little more line capacity. The only real difference is the price point, the Accurate being about $150 higher.

So the question for the 2Cool brain trust: Is the Accurate worth the extra $150? Any experience either of these, especially side by side comparisons?
Appreciate all your comments / suggestions

thx and good luck,
Steve
CBBSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
Treybig23
TEAM JOINT CUSTODY

Treybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to PirateTreybig23 has been promoted to Pirate
What are your plans for the reel?

I own and fish both brands. I love my accurates (BX600)

I sold all my Avet LXs a few years back and went to the accurates Mentioned above.i mainly use them for live baiting

However I recently purchased some more Avet Raptors to use for bottom dropping (snapper, ling, and the occasional grouper while bottom fishing.)

Another good option (trolling/bottom fishing) is the Shimano Talicas (pricey, but you can find some good deals on lightly used and brand new with the holidays coming up

Chad
Treybig23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
I have the MXL Raptor and it's a lot smaller reel than I originally anticipated (about the size of a bass reel) That being said, it's a beast of a reel for it's size. I've taken on AJ's to about 60lbs with it and it's a great casting and jigging reel.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
KevinA
Registered Users-pm+

KevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to Pirate
I also have owned both, still have a couple accurate 30s, the accurates drag systems have been a problem from time to time..

last time i needed service reels had to be sent to california because no one that i know of locally will touch them.

I have several Talicas and they have been bullet proof, u should consider them.
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #5
semipro
Registered Users-pm+

semipro is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Accurate BV500 awesome,light work horse
semipro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2019, 06:38 PM   #6
Stir It Up
Registered Users-pm+

Stir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by semipro View Post

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stir It Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2019, 10:07 AM   #7
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by semipro View Post
x3

one of my favorite goto for most anything reels
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
littlebryan
Registered Users-pm+

littlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Pirate
Apples VS Oranges......all I have is Avet , several different ones....they are both sweet reels and bot are made in USA !!!!
Got my first LX model about six and a half years ago just now had to put a new drag washers in it send it back to the factory with a check for $40 they rebuilt the inside of all of it and sent me it back just like brand new.
If I am not mistaken this is an MXL that my son has in his hand either way you're not going to go wrong but yeah one is more expensive than the other I have noticed Accurate does have a spinning reel which Avet does not offer

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
littlebryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #9
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
Fished with both. Accurate was nice because of the drag lever and how it had the little "clicks" as you increased the drag.

That being said, I've got 4 avet lx6, 2 30ex, 1 30exw, and 1 50exw.

Never busted open an accurate reel but the avets are very easy to service. My only con of the avet is the clicker can wear out quick and get to the point where its inaudible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
blaze 'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2019, 02:04 AM   #10
Day0ne
Registered Users-pm+

Day0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
the accurates drag systems have been a problem from time to time..
Curious about this as I have 18 Accurates and the drag has never been a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
last time i needed service reels had to be sent to california because no one that i know of locally will touch them.
Don't know where you are but here is one service center. I usually send in to CA, what I don't service myself. Edit: I see you are in Houston, Surfside is close.

Short Corner Tackle
827 Gulf Road
Surfside Beach, TX 77541
979-285-5525
www.ShortCornerTackle.com
[email protected]
Day0ne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message