anyone fish the surf yesterday or today? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
anyone fish the surf yesterday or today?

we opted for the bay by boat yesterday but the beach sure looked good on the drive back
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
bigdav160
Registered Users-pm+

bigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Pirate
I went down to Byran beach Tuesday afternoon. Or what's left of Bryan beach.

Finger mullet were in knee deep water and the trout bite was on fire. Some of the best fishing I've had in a long time.
bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Went to the pedestrian beach Surfside At sunup today. Zero exposed sand there, Water was crashing into the rocks. I could see predators chasing finger mullet and menhaden. Got a 17-18” speck pretty quick. Problem was the water was completely chock full of that clear, odd, little floating seaweed, not sargassum, something different. The weed was top to bottom in the water column and I couldn’t cast into it without instantly fouling the line, leader, and hook. I was using floating fly line and it was even snagging the smooth line.

I gave up that spot and found clearer water not too far away, but it was loaded with ladyfish. After a few of those, I’d had my fill of wiping off the slime and retying chewed up leader. Drove down to pay beach. No bait showing there driving over 1/2 mile of the beach and water was sandy. I was home by 9:15.
karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2019, 07:40 AM   #4
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
hmm.....may have to give it a look next monday after the front
Old 10-07-2019, 08:11 AM   #5
chimster
Registered Users-pm+

chimster is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
We fished the Sargent surf last weekend. Threw out crab in the 2nd and 3rd guts. Plenty of big black drum and 1 red. Made for a fun weekend but I would have preferred more reds.
chimster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
mccain
\m/

this wednesday's lookin like 1.3' seas. might be sick that AM
Old 10-09-2019, 11:18 PM   #7
karstopo
Taking shots at fish

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Got out to Bryan beach after lunch today. Water was clear green, 2-3 feet visibility. A little on the rougher side, enough to get hit by some breakers standing on the second gut side of the bar.

No beach track at 2 feet plus over MLLW water, the sand is currently gone there at the narrows, beyond the spoil bank going to the MOB. I never ventured beyond the first bar off the beach. Lots of fingerling mullet in the water mostly hugging the second bar. I couldn’t find any trout, just the dreaded ladyfish and tons of needlefish.

Saw some smaller fish caught on small cast netted bait fished on the bottom out in the second gut. Looked almost like big whiting, but the distance was a little much to be sure.

I didn’t stay very long, long enough to drive what beach was open, but never saw anything of particular interest.
karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #8
mccain
\m/

i looked at it yesterday morning west end galvatraz. water look ok but it was kinda rough. opted for bayside. got a 20" and a 18" trout plus some dinks on 1/4oz plastic. lots of sea turtles out there