upper coast 6-10 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Walkingsm upper coast 6-10

I made the drive today to give it a try for surf trout, after checking the weather and seeing the north wind was going to be 15 mph all day. It was going be rocking in the lake.

Arrived right on time, 6:00 am, and the surf looked good with decent visibility when it lightened up. I fished a top water( she dawg) for a long time with one small trout to show for it.
Tried a castmaster spoon with a white bucktail and caught a 16" trout right away, lost another.
I tried a variety of hardware with no results.

Before I left I gave it the desperation bright mustard yellow gulp on a jig head and wham, first cast another keeper, then nothing.
Looking back I was not prepared with a good shrimp imitation and there was plenty of big shrimp jumping.

One trout had a big white shrimp and a couple of shad in it. I saw the shad getting hit and that's why I tried the castmaster.

Live shrimp would have told the tale if there were a lot of trout there or not. I hope to make it back before this window closes, the water did dirty up with the incoming tide. It probably cleaned back up on the next tide.
Good luck to folks going.
shadslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #2
LoneStar2
Registered Users-pm+

LoneStar2 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Where were you seeing the shrimp? Galveston, Freeport..?
LoneStar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 05:05 PM   #3
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
glad ya got to get down there and git ya some. i saw a bunch of small crabs in the water yesterday. i'm gonna be down there wed-sun. hopefully another window of opportunity will present itself
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #4
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
upper coast 6-10

Bolivar and there were lots of shrimp.
It’s two hours one way to bolivar fir me .
Sure wanted to hit west of there but it adds another hour at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by shadslinger; 06-10-2019 at 09:32 PM.
shadslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 12:51 AM   #5
TU MO KASSTS
get some!

TU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to PirateTU MO KASSTS has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccain View Post
i saw a bunch of small crabs in the water yesterday. i'm gonna be down there wed-sun. hopefully another window of opportunity will present itself
I saw a bunch of crabs in the clear shallows as well (surfside). wed & thurs is looking good. I'm definitely going to cut out some time to hit it.
TU MO KASSTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 06:09 AM   #6
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
upper coast 6-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadslinger View Post
Bolivar and there were lots of shrimp.
It’s two hours one way to bolivar fir me .
Sure wanted to hit west of there but it adds another hour at least.

If you’re fishing the upper end of Bolivar, IMO, the surf at High Island is as good as the surf on Galveston’s lower West end and Surfside.

Bolivar Pocket is great too but one should know that the pocket has a long history for sharks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
BluffRat
Registered Users-pm+

BluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of BosunBluffRat has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Thursday is looking good at surfside... ENE wind and 0.5 ft
BluffRat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #8
shadslinger

habanerojooz, thinking back if I had had some good shrimp imitations, maybe even a bad one, or even fished through the next tide change, I would have found the ticket. But I had time for that quick trip and took the gamble.
Your are right that's a good area when the surf is right.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #9
fishinganimal
Registered Users-pm+

fishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Piratefishinganimal has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like you should have pitched the cast net for some dinner shrimp and Live Bait.
fishinganimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #10
shadslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinganimal View Post
Sounds like you should have pitched the cast net for some dinner shrimp and Live Bait.

I choose not to drive to Beacon and get what else I could use as its in the wrong direction.
Of course the cast net doa’s jig heads etc that I could have used were there.
I would say lesson learned but it will probably happen again !