Wide stance on truck - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
Yellow Mouth Chaser
Registered Users-pm+

Yellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to Pirate
Wide stance on truck

I have a 2005 F-150 FX4. I am wanting to get the tires to stick out a little more than they do now. I want 18X9 rims and I think 4" backspacing. I don't no what the offset is and don't really know what difference it makes. Maybe y'all can help me with this and maybe y'all have a few ideas of where I can find some at.
Thanks in advance.
Yellow Mouth Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
You will want a Negative offset on the rim, how much depends on what tires and how much you want to stick out. Suggest looking at one of the Ford specific forms and search for your truck. There should be plenty of pics, and build specs from owners there to give you ideas of where to start.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #3
snapperlicious
Registered Users-pm+

snapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Piratesnapperlicious has been promoted to Pirate
Just don't put wheel spacers in unless you want to start tearing stuff up
snapperlicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #4
txwader247
Registered Users-pm+

txwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Pirate
Like Jolly said you want a negative offset. Depending on what size tires you are running and whether or not you have a lift will be a big factor. A -.24 offset would give you a stance that would have your tires outside of the fenders a 1/2" or so with a 33 or 35 x 12.50 tire.
txwader247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
Yellow Mouth Chaser
Registered Users-pm+

Yellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to PirateYellow Mouth Chaser has been promoted to Pirate
I do have a leveling kit on it and the tires are essentially 33X12.5. I would like to have about 2" of tire outside of the fender.
Yellow Mouth Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #6
txwader247
Registered Users-pm+

txwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Piratetxwader247 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mouth Chaser View Post
I do have a leveling kit on it and the tires are essentially 33X12.5. I would like to have about 2" of tire outside of the fender.
You would need to go with at least a 10" wide wheel and a -.44 offset to get that much I think. You could do spacers, but it is he** on your suspension. I would also be careful going that wide if you like having a clean truck. My tires stick out less than an inch and they throw anything on the road up and over my paint, plus you risk rocks chipping paint on the side of the vehicle. If you go with that wide of a stance I would recommend fender flares. I will see if I can get some pictures of my truck and show you how my set up looks.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
txwader247
Registered Users-pm+

20 x 10 Fuel Hostages with -.12 offset

Picture 1 - 37 x 13.50 Toyo Mt's on 20 x10 Fuel Hostages with fender flares

Picture 2 - Same set up minus fender flares

Picture 3 - Same set up minus fender flares

Picture 4 - Same rims, but new tires that are 37 x 12.50
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
txwader247
Registered Users-pm+

Fuel does make an 18 x 12 that would give you the stance you want, but I don't know if you will still be able to clear 33's without modification.