3.0 Dodge - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
ole blueduck
Banned

ole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirateole blueduck has been promoted to Pirate
3.0 Dodge

My old 02 is on suicide watch . Any 2coolers have any reviews on this truck ? Thanks
ole blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
BadBob
Registered Users-pm+

BadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to Pirate
I dont have one but ive only heard good, proven motor hooked to a proven trans in an awesome truck. folks getting 25-26 average easily
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
Copper2421
Registered Users-pm+

Copper2421 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Ive owned one for a little over 12k miles now. Crew cab short bed 4x4 with 3.55 rear end. Life time average is 23.3 mpg. This figure includes pulling boat and everything is hand calculated. Best I've seen is 28.2 mpg on a trip to Louisiana, we made the round trip of 720 miles on one tank. I came from a 2005 cummins, and while is not a cummins, its done everything I've asked of it with great fuel mileage.
Copper2421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
GulfCoast1102
Registered Users-pm+

GulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper2421 View Post
Ive owned one for a little over 12k miles now. Crew cab short bed 4x4 with 3.55 rear end. Life time average is 23.3 mpg. This figure includes pulling boat and everything is hand calculated. Best I've seen is 28.2 mpg on a trip to Louisiana, we made the round trip of 720 miles on one tank. I came from a 2005 cummins, and while is not a cummins, its done everything I've asked of it with great fuel mileage.
I thought the little 3.0 was a scaled down Cummins. Who builds the Eco Diesel if not Cummins?
GulfCoast1102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
slicks
Banned

slicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Riggerslicks has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoast1102 View Post
I thought the little 3.0 was a scaled down Cummins. Who builds the Eco Diesel if not Cummins?
Fiat
slicks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
Copper2421
Registered Users-pm+

Copper2421 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
VM motori builds them. They are an Italian diesel engine company.
Copper2421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
GulfCoast1102
Registered Users-pm+

GulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to PirateGulfCoast1102 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Interesting! Thanks for the education.

If i'm not mistaken, the "Ram" pickup truck is not properly a Dodge vehicle anymore. Fiat bought "Ram". Correct?
GulfCoast1102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
BadBob
Registered Users-pm+

BadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to Pirate
you are correct its a ram not a dodge
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #9
Empty Pockets CC
Come Buzz Me Ms. Blue

Empty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to PirateEmpty Pockets CC has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

Correct. Good reputation overseas. I bet they hold up good. Time will tell.
Empty Pockets CC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #10
dspencer
Registered Users-pm+

dspencer is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
The engine and transmission was originally supposed to go in a Caddy. It set until now when they decided not to use it in the Chevy.

To be truthful, unless something changes in gas prices I don't know if I'd buy a diesel. Here in N Texas gas is 70 cents cheaper than diesel. Not even the EcoDiesel covers that spread.
dspencer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message