Fins braid - Page 4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #31
colbyntx
Shut up and fish!

colbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by linetramp View Post
Depends on the fishing you do, but FINS "Braid in the USA" has various "Styles" of braids for all fishing applications. YOu should try it.

True dat! The Windtamer is great for spinning reels and those who can't cast a baitcaster. The XS is for fishermen
colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #32
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Jean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyntx View Post
True dat! The Windtamer is great for spinning reels and those who can't cast a baitcaster. The XS is for fishermen
Sorry you are wrong.The best american made braid for spinning reels is not FINS WINDTAMER,is SPDERWIRE ULTRACAST,because for the same lb. test ULTRACAST is tinnier comparative with WINDTAMER,POWER PRO,SUFIX 832 etc.

I have on my spinning reel ULTRACAST 10 years old and still very good ,just little loose some color.I am fishing with ULTRACAST +8 lb-14 lb.fluorocarbon leader and i don't need to change the graid because i don't loose braid ,just the leader.
Attached Images

Jean Scurtu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #33
colbyntx
Shut up and fish!

colbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Piratecolbyntx has been promoted to Pirate
Dang Jean, throw me down the stairs! lol I didn't say it was the best in the world, I just said it was great for spinners. I do not use an egg beater so I don't have a lot of say. I just know my 7 year old had Windtamer on his spinner and it works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #34
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Jean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Dang Jean, throw me down the stairs! lol I didn't say it was the best in the world, I just said it was great for spinners. I do not use an egg beater so I don't have a lot of say. I just know my 7 year old had Windtamer on his spinner and it works great.

Please try one time ULTRACAST ,the same lb. like WINDTAMER and tell me the difference.

If you like better braid for spinning reel look for Japanese braid like VARIVAS AVANI SEA BAS PREMIUM PE,so you can see the difference.

I was fishing for 60 years just with spinning reels and i know the best line for spinning reels is the line witch for the same lb. test have the tinnier diameter,because so you have more line on the spool,and you can cast long distance.
On the spinning reels you can use any kind of braid,but if you are looking to cast long distance is better to look for the diameter of the line...
Attached Images

Jean Scurtu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2014, 04:55 AM   #35
Flats Mark
Registered Users-pm+

Flats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to PirateFlats Mark has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacer View Post
Where do you buy the Fins braid line around Katy area? I see Academy, B.P and FTU don't carry the Fins brand. It comes in strange colurs , Pink, Hi Vis Yellow, really !

I guess colur doens't matter when you attach a clear leader on the braid. What colur is everyone going with?

searacer
You can also buy FINS at Dave's Tackle in Rosenberg. Dave recommends the pink color so that you can see your line above water.
Flats Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #36
RedXCross
Thank You! Next

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
I am not gonna start a ******* match or anything else, But do I like XS Fins , (yes) do I think it is the best I fish with NO, Sunline has been spooled on my reels for 3 days a week fishing avg. and for the last 2 years and I have not been let down yet. Reds, Bass or trout.

There is a lot of merit on this thread. What you use has a lot to do with Confidence, a BASS pro I know gave me a spool 2 years back and I have been hooked since, in all applications, and I throw Mono quite a bit still for Cranbaits etc.
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #37
colbyntx
Shut up and fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXCross View Post
I am not gonna start a ******* match or anything else, But do I like XS Fins , (yes) do I think it is the best I fish with NO, Sunline has been spooled on my reels for 3 days a week fishing avg. and for the last 2 years and I have not been let down yet. Reds, Bass or trout.

There is a lot of merit on this thread. What you use has a lot to do with Confidence, a BASS pro I know gave me a spool 2 years back and I have been hooked since, in all applications, and I throw Mono quite a bit still for Cranbaits etc.
I have never used Sunline but a lot of us try to buy American when we can. I'm sure it's good line but I support the Japanese enough with my reels. When an American reel company can match my reels I will switch. Fins has never let me down either.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:24 AM   #38
RedXCross
Thank You! Next

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
Trust me there is a little more to life.

Quote:
I have never used Sunline but a lot of us try to buy American when we can. I'm sure it's good line but I support the Japanese enough with my reels. When an American reel company can match my reels I will switch. Fins has never let me down either.
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #39
EpicTrey
Registered Users-pm+

EpicTrey is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I don't know what I am doing right, but I have only had power pro break on me 1 time in a decade of fishing it.
EpicTrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message