What # Flourcarbon are you guys throwing? (Typically) - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #21
FishinKidSteven
Registered Users-pm+

FishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to PirateFishinKidSteven has been promoted to Pirate
30 lbs Seaguar blue label when i'm over oyster and 20 lbs for the rest. All tied to 30 lbs braid for the main line
FishinKidSteven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #22
Tino_e
Registered Users-pm+

Tino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTino_e has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
20lb suffix 832 with about 2' of seaguer floro
Tino_e is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 03:00 AM   #23
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Jean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to Pirate

I am fishing for over 10 years from the bank at ROLLOVER PASS using FIRELINE ORIGINAL SMOKE 4 lb.,SPIDERWIRE ULTRACAST 6 lb.,8 lb.10 lb.with XPS fluorocarbon 14 lb. and never have problem catching big fish.

With FIRELINE ORIGINAL SMOKE 4 lb.+14 lb. XPS FUOROCARBON i was catching (C&R)at ROLLOVER PASS one 40 inch ,23 lb.red fish,and many big trout, from the bank.
Jean Scurtu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #24
Flounder Face
southern paralichthys lethostigma

Flounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Scurtu View Post

I am fishing for over 10 years from the bank at ROLLOVER PASS using FIRELINE ORIGINAL SMOKE 4 lb.,SPIDERWIRE ULTRACAST 6 lb.,8 lb.10 lb.with XPS fluorocarbon 14 lb. and never have problem catching big fish.

With FIRELINE ORIGINAL SMOKE 4 lb.+14 lb. XPS FUOROCARBON i was catching (C&R)at ROLLOVER PASS one 40 inch ,23 lb.red fish,and many big trout, from the bank.
Yes Jean, but your 12.5 foot rod and properly set drag goes a long way towards your landing that fish. For those that don't know, the long rod takes up a lot up force that may be put on the lighter weight line, allowing you to cast further with a lighter line and also a longer rod takes lot of fight from a fish, always working that rod tension. I was and am a proponent of such a system, it is just not practical from a yak, and tougher to land a fish while wading too. However it will take its toll on your wrist holding that long rod, but luckily Jean is one tough guy.
Bank or pier fishing it is a great approach though.
Flounder Face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 08:14 PM   #25
Flounder Face
southern paralichthys lethostigma

Flounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to Pirate
BTW, I use 15 lb braid with a 20lb Berkley Trilene Mono leader down here, unless the water is gin clear I do not spend the extra money on Flouro, if that helps. I also use a 6.5 inch Laguna custom rod, my first rod preference for every trip.
Flounder Face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2015, 09:22 AM   #26
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Jean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder Face View Post
Yes Jean, but your 12.5 foot rod and properly set drag goes a long way towards your landing that fish. For those that don't know, the long rod takes up a lot up force that may be put on the lighter weight line, allowing you to cast further with a lighter line and also a longer rod takes lot of fight from a fish, always working that rod tension. I was and am a proponent of such a system, it is just not practical from a yak, and tougher to land a fish while wading too. However it will take its toll on your wrist holding that long rod, but luckily Jean is one tough guy.
Bank or pier fishing it is a great approach though.

You right,fishing with long spinning rods at ROLLOVER PASS i have many advantage.I am fishing just from the bank with artificial and with long rods i can cast long distance with tynni braid(maximum for me 10 lb. and also with 4 lb. ,6 lb. 8lb.+8 lb.-14 lb. fluorocarbon leader).

With long rods i can keep little line on the water because all the time i keep my tip of the rod at 45 degree and just the fluorocarbon leader touching the bottom(the fluorocarbon is more resistance to abrasion like braid).When i have i bite i can strike easy in time with long rod and in the same time make my fight with big fish more easy.

I was trying to build myself my long rods using fly blanks,so the rod is not so heavy,or i was changing same G.LOOMIS IMX 9'wt 10 ,wt 12 fly rod and SAGE RPLX 9' wt.10,wt 11,wt 12/13 fly rods in spinning rods.

I am fishing just at ROLLOVER PASS because i am disable(problems with my legs).I don't fish in surf or from the pier for the same reason.

At ROLLOVER PASS i can park my car very close with the bank,take my ice box from my trunk an fishing sitting on my ice box.I can't fishing sitting on my legs.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #27
jack1
Registered Users-pm+

jack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunnerjack1 has been promote to Gunner
Leader

20 pound Big Game clear
jack1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2016, 10:47 PM   #28
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
20 pound Big Game clear

Sorry but the question was about fluorocarbon and what i know BIG GAME clear is not fluorocarbon !!!!
Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #29
RedXCross
Thank You! Next

RedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to PirateRedXCross has been promoted to Pirate
"IF" I use Fluor, It will be 20# Sunline ,but usually Suffix Titanium currently!
Depends on the depth of water I am fishing and with what lure I am throwing.
RedXCross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2016, 09:01 AM   #30
natureboy3002
Registered Users-pm+

natureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Pirate
20lbs p-line
natureboy3002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message