Anyone remember this? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
LD
Registered Users-pm+

LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Anyone remember this?

Garcia Royal Bonyl mono line, I really liked it and used it for years then they quit making it.
LD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
johnmyjohn
Registered Users-pm+

johnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Pirate
Back then it was brown gold. I couldn't afford it so most of the time I used K-mart mono. When I did buy a spool I thought I was about something. Do you remember looking at the end of the line and seeing the line was made with a flat side on it, you had to look close. Or am I thinking about another line???? been awhile.
johnmyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
LD
Registered Users-pm+

LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LD has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Yes it came 2 spools in a box that were connected together. What got me thinking about this, I saw quite alot of it on Ebay recently.
I have an old 209 Peen still with it on it. It is round, YES there was a flat line, I do remember.
LD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
moore
Registered Users-pm+

moore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Piratemoore has been promoted to Pirate
the flat line was made by trilene i believe , i remember the box saying something in the lines of 20lb but cast like 12lb. the worse line to tie a good knot with.

that was in the early to mid nineties
moore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #5
kneekap
Registered Users-pm+

kneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Piratekneekap has been promoted to Pirate
yep

I had a couple of surf reels spooled with it from @1971, I think.
Used them in 1999 before re-lining and it still worked fine.

It was the primo line back then.
kneekap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
Reloder28
Banned

Reloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to PirateReloder28 has been promoted to Pirate
Royal Bonnyl was some great "fishin strang." My cousin won the battle with a 52" Red on 12# or 14# test Royal Bonnyl.
Reloder28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message