Ss 6/1-6/2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
PresidentThump
Registered Users-pm+

PresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to PiratePresidentThump has been promoted to Pirate
Ss 6/1-6/2

It was a grind on Sat morning. lots of bait but small schools of specs. 1' visibility, no green water in sight, 2 minutes of calm fishable water, 2 min of jumping rollers/ getting smacked in the face...calmed down around 8 and we caught the majority of our fish on tops. They didn't want croaker, only 1 take for me. Buddy fishing next to me was catching on live shrimp. End up with 10-11 to 18" with a couple long distance releases. Friends caught big fish Sat afternoon 22-24" but only a few.

Sunday was calmer and much more productive, 30+ fish between our group mostly on shrimp. no big fish but 16-19". Green water started moving in around 11 to the 3rd bar and fish were thick in there.

Not a bad start to surf season, but its not quite on fire yet.
PresidentThump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
Swampus
Hunting Machine!

Swampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to PirateSwampus has been promoted to Pirate
good report.
Thanks
Swampus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 08:00 AM   #3
Fishon 13
Registered Users-pm+

Fishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report. I'm ready for some surf trout.
Fishon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
karstopo
Registered Users-pm+

karstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Piratekarstopo has been promoted to Pirate
Almost went in Surfside surf wade this past Saturday morning, but instead opted for a kayak in Drum bay trip. Surf looked pretty murky as I drove on by and a little rougher than ideal that morning. The wind was about dead calm and that made the kayak pretty hot by 9 am and I had had enough of the hot before 11. think I would have been cooler wading the surf.

Kept thinking I’d make it out that evening or Sunday, but other obligations got in the way. Maybe when this tropical disturbance gets done I’ll finally get in the surf. Certainly thought I’d have made a wade or two by now.
karstopo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message