Natural Gas vs Propane Gas BBQ Pit - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > BBQ & Grilling Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
rtoler
Registered Users-pm+

rtoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Piratertoler has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4 Natural Gas vs Propane Gas BBQ Pit

Just burned my Weber out pretty good. After the house move I did not look into the pit before lighting, like I did hundreds of times before . I forgot that I put all the plastic handled utensils inside it. It was a sight to behold with all the black smoke bellowing from it mixed with my ABC fire extinguisher yellow dust cloud....

My question is since I have a NG line at the new house... Should I go with NG or Propane? Thanks for any info!
rtoler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
ibtbone
John 3:16

ibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag

ng is so convenient. i have not ran out of gas to cook with since i converted my weber to ng. seems like it is cheaper to burn also.
so i vote for ng.
ibtbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
GWBGE
Registered Users-pm+

GWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to GunnerGWBGE has been promote to Gunner
No difference in cooking. Just be sure to get NG setup for the grill. I have NG and it sure is nice not to have to mess with the propane tanks.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
jeffm66
Registered Users-pm+

jeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Piratejeffm66 has been promoted to Pirate
I had NG at my old house and miss it some times. Only down side was not being able to move the grill around and if I left it on.
jeffm66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 07:03 AM   #5
jtburf
Back in da Saddle

jtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Pirate
This grill is plumbed to our NG. never worry about a dang bottle again!!!
Attached Images

jtburf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
My dad has used NG at his last two houses. Old house he put a shutoff with a quick disconnect fitting and ran a hose to the grill on the patio. It worked well. At the new house he only had about 10ft to get from the gas meter to the patio, so he had an underground line put in when they did the pool heater install, and has a quick disconnect there. Its super convenient to not have to deal with propane bottles. Another big plus is when the hurricanes hit. Propane can become a little scarce, but during IKE we never lost NG and used the grill for everything.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message