Do's & Don't of Shipping a shotgun - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
bmfireh2o
Registered Users-pm+

bmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Do's & Don't of Shipping a shotgun

I'm having to ship a shotgun due to some of the wood finishing issues.
I have never shipped a firearm is there something I should know to make this as painless as possible? It is staying in the States.
Thank you all in advance,
bmfireh2o
bmfireh2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
I have simply just sent the shotgun broken down to keep it simple.

It’s not like your selling it.

I wrap it up tight and put it in a non descriptive box that could be anything.
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #3
Haynie21T
Registered Users-pm+

Haynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to PirateHaynie21T has been promoted to Pirate
You might need to check with a licensed gun dealer. We recently had a client leave a gun at our lodge and had to ship it from a licensed gun dealer to another licensed dealer in his town to ship it legally.
Haynie21T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2019, 04:07 PM   #4
mrsh978
Play Deep

mrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Piratemrsh978 has been promoted to Pirate
You can legally ship to Atf dealer/ repair shop if Atf lisc holder . You cannot send private to private citizen. Ups and post office are the easy two.
mrsh978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 06:12 AM   #5
shallowminded
Registered Users-pm+

shallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirate
drum

I shipped a Benelli back to the service center 3 years ago. Get a return slip form the shop if possible. Package in a sturdy carboard box with plenty of padding. Add a note to repair shop stating what needs to be done and include your name, return address and contact phone number.

Take to UPS and ship it with insurance. I don't think USPS will ship guns.

Benelli shipped it straight back to me. No gun shop involved.

Shallow
shallowminded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
bmfireh2o
Registered Users-pm+

bmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbmfireh2o has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Thanks for all the input.. It is shipped off.. I used FedEx and completely insured to Beretta, with no issues.
bmfireh2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2019, 05:55 AM   #7
2Ws
Registered Users-pm+

2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate
I was turned down from shipping at USPS until I requested a supervisor after being told no. The first clerk got all wide eyed when I told her it was a gun and immediately said NO. I explained what I had just read on their web site about shipping a gun and asked for a supervisor. The ONLY requirements are a plain box with no gun labeling and no ammo in same box when shipping a shotgun. I sent it to my grandson at his house. USPS is less restrictive than UPS or FED EX
2Ws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #8
Texas T

Texas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to PirateTexas T has been promoted to Pirate
From the ATF

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2019, 12:12 PM   #9
jimij
IHMAN

jimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Piratejimij has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsh978 View Post
You can legally ship to Atf dealer/ repair shop if Atf lisc holder . You cannot send private to private citizen. Ups and post office are the easy two.
USPS allows private to private shipping of rifles and shotguns
jimij is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message