Rifle Travel Case - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2018, 06:05 AM   #1
sharkinaggie07
Registered Users-pm+

sharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Pirate
Rifle Travel Case

Can anyone recommend one? Needs to be lockable (TSA friendly) and it needs to not break my bank account.

Thanks!

-SA
sharkinaggie07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
JWRIGHT
Registered Users-pm+

JWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to PirateJWRIGHT has been promoted to Pirate
Case

I can hook you up with one for near nothing. PM me if interested
JWRIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
Texaspainter
Registered Users-pm+

Texaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkinaggie07 View Post
Can anyone recommend one? Needs to be lockable (TSA friendly) and it needs to not break my bank account.

Thanks!

-SA
Check out RTIC website. They are making hard cases now. I haven't seen one in person but appears to be comparable to the other high end case manufacturers at a decent price.

I have a 5.11 Tactical Rifle Case and a Pelican Rifle Case, both hold 2 long rifles. I actually prefer the 5.11 Case over the Pelican.

If I were in market for another case I think I'd go for the RTIC.... Just my 2 cents.
Texaspainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
sharkinaggie07
Registered Users-pm+

sharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Piratesharkinaggie07 has been promoted to Pirate
I have checked out the RTIC case and have no doubt about the quality of that product. I was wondering if there was a more economical option out there. There may not be....

-SA
sharkinaggie07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
RubiconAg
Registered Users-pm+

RubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to PirateRubiconAg has been promoted to Pirate
I have traveled many times with the Game Winner double rifle hard case from Academy. I think they are just under $100, have their own locks and holes for the pad locks required by TSA. No need to spend the $300+ on a pelican.
RubiconAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2018, 12:08 AM   #6
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
Plano makes a nice one. Quite a few guys on the Ruger precision rifle Facebook page use them and talk highly of them. The link is below. They make a 32 inch version as well if that would work. At $68, there isn’t much else that is cheaper that I’d trust my rifle in on an airplane.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Weather...oWL&ref=plSrch
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2018, 04:17 PM   #7
hookemandcookem
Registered Users-pm+

hookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
the Plano and most likely rtic are heavy AF. i prefer my cheaper mossy oak hard case for that reason.
hookemandcookem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #8
Speckled
Registered Users-pm+

Speckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to PirateSpeckled has been promoted to Pirate
Academy has a GW hard case similar to the pelican cases but made by Plano. I bought one last year and can fit two scoped rifles in this case. Very nice and has wheels on one end to roll. Not light with two rifles in the case. Paid over 100.00 last year. Sadly a few weeks ago they had them marked down $40.00 from $119.00. So, they were on sale for $79.00.

Recently looked at the RTIC case and it looked very nice, has the "pluck out" foam on the bottom of the case. The Plano GW at academy, I had to trace out the rifles and cut out the foam.

I think the RTIC was priced around $190.00 at their outlet store.
Speckled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2018, 06:45 AM   #9
Texaspainter
Registered Users-pm+

Texaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to PirateTexaspainter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconAg View Post
No need to spend the $300+ on a pelican.
If your patient and do some searching you can find pelican and other upper tier hard cases for much less than $300. I paid 190 for my pelican and 165 for the 5.11 case. Sadly I think 5.11 quit making their long rifle case or at least I can't find them on the www anymore. I really like that 5.11 case. I'm not advocating that Pelican is the way to go, I think there are some cheaper options out there that are just as good these days.

If I were going on a hunting trip that required flying with guns I wouldn't want to trust a cheaper gun case to protect them on their journey through the airport system. I've seen what the airlines can do to luggage first hand. They could care less about your luggage, golf clubs, etc.... heck, I think they TRY to tear it up.

Last thing I want to do is get to my hunting destination and find out that something happened to gun / scope during travel. That would be a bummer....
Texaspainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 08:07 AM   #10
KEGLEG
Registered Users-pm+

KEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to PirateKEGLEG has been promoted to Pirate
Rtic 43” hard case is $90 right now. Blk and tan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KEGLEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message