Reds in surf during the run - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
chimster
Registered Users-pm+

chimster is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Reds in surf during the run

Gonna do some surf fishing mid October. Hoping to catch my first bull. Do the bulls run throughout the surf? Or do I need to be fishing near a cut or channel?
chimster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
Killerbee
Registered Users-pm+

Killerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKillerbee has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Always better near a cut. Just my 2cents
Killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
JFolm
Unorthodox Millenial

JFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to PirateJFolm has been promoted to Pirate
You can see them chasing schools of pogeys down the beach front.
JFolm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #4
txbbqman
Registered Users-pm+

txbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxbbqman has been promoted to the rank of Privateer

Caught this bad boy in the surf in late September last year. So yeah, they will run the surf. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txbbqman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #5
sharkchum
If you ain't first your last

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Bull reds are in the surf year round. During the fall spawning run many will be entering gulf passes and jetties heading for the bay to spawn, but they can be found anywhere along the coast. Key in on areas with structure and bait.
sharkchum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #6
eliris
Registered Users-pm+

eliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
...Key in on areas with structure and bait.
Easier said than done... For most of us mortals

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
eliris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2018, 08:10 AM   #7
jimj100
Registered Users-pm+

jimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Piratejimj100 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliris View Post

reading breaking waves and ripples may be difficult... but... diving pelicans is a pretty good surrogate. never a bad place to start if you see it.
jimj100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
sharkchum
If you ain't first your last

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliris View Post

It's the easiest thing in the world. I'm catching them one after another right now. Found a spot with some shell and they hit as soon as the bait hits the water. Come on down and I'll show you how.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
sharkchum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #9
chimster
Registered Users-pm+

chimster is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I had that experience once a few years ago at cedar bayou. Not been able to replicate it since.
chimster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #10
eliris
Registered Users-pm+

eliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Riggereliris has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
As with everything in this world... It's easy once you know how to do it.

Since i got me the 4x4 in May i havent been able to surf fish properly and drive to mitchels... One day...

Btw, are u using as bait mullet or whiting?

eliris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message