Titan XD Diesel - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #11
livinadream
Registered Users-pm+

livinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Not saying you are wrong or anything, but if a half ton truck with a smaller/less power diesel can haul that, I'd hook right up to it and go down the road.. (same truck as yours, 2006.)
I wont say I'm right. My truck would pull that load. I don't know if it would pull it as well as the Nissan did, and I don't think I could do it without having some transmission temp worries over that distance. His truck did it without a care. I have pulled some pretty good loads with mine, and my transmission temp creeps up over time. His hardly got above normal. I might could out pull his, idk, but I do know his pulled and stopped 25000+ and did it very well. That's impressive for a "half ton"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
livinadream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #12
bigdav160
Registered Users-pm+

bigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Piratebigdav160 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
everything under it is beefier than my truck (2008 3/4 ton Duramax).
Umm, no.

The Titan uses 9 1/2" AAM axles and the Duramax (and Dodge) use the 11 1/2" AAM axle
bigdav160 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 08:58 AM   #13
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
No need to get defensive or anything, just having a good normal conversation. It's our own opinions.. but I just personally can't see a half ton being able to yank something better than a true 3/4 diesel. You think you may have leaking transmission cooler lines on yours? That was the only "common problem" on our trucks. Previous owner on mine fixed them before I bought it and Ive never seen it get over 200 hauling heavy
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #14
Brute
Registered Users-pm+

Brute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to PirateBrute has been promoted to Pirate
Ill call BS on that all day long. That's every bit of 20K. IF he did it that was dangerous as hell but I don't think he could get to 70 mph down hill.

You can tow that with your 3/4 Duramax if you take it easy. You wont be doing 70mph.
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #15
livinadream
Registered Users-pm+

livinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdav160 View Post
Umm, no.

The Titan uses 9 1/2" AAM axles and the Duramax (and Dodge) use the 11 1/2" AAM axle
Ok, I didn't look up any specifics, and I probably should have. All I did was have a brief look at frame and brakes, they both to me looked beefier. I guess in text when I said everything, it's easy to think I meant everything, and that it was researched. Either way the truck impressed the hell out of me.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #16
livinadream
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
No need to get defensive or anything, just having a good normal conversation. It's our own opinions.. but I just personally can't see a half ton being able to yank something better than a true 3/4 diesel. You think you may have leaking transmission cooler lines on yours? That was the only "common problem" on our trucks. Previous owner on mine fixed them before I bought it and Ive never seen it get over 200 hauling heavy
Not defensive at all, just stating the facts. ( His truck/my truck). My transmission temp creeps with a heavy load, his didn't. I could have problems with mine that I'm not aware of. All I was getting at in my original post was the truck impressed me. And that I believe it did better than what mine would do.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #17
livinadream
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Ill call BS on that all day long. That's every bit of 20K. IF he did it that was dangerous as hell but I don't think he could get to 70 mph down hill.

You can tow that with your 3/4 Duramax if you take it easy. You wont be doing 70mph.
You can call what you want, all day long and you would be wrong all day long.

The part about it being unsafe, I won't argue with that.

Him pulling it 70-75 mph, with a Titan XD I can assure you happened. I followed him there and back.

As I said earlier, MY truck would not do it without having temp issues.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:54 PM   #18
Reel Cajun
Registered Users-pm+

Reel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to PirateReel Cajun has been promoted to Pirate
Nissan Heavy Half Ton

Pulling 20-25,000lbs? He is lucky he got where he was going and glad nobody got run over when he couldn’t stop the load he was pulling.
Reel Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2017, 12:20 AM   #19
69RRVERT
Registered Users-pm+

69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate69RRVERT has been promoted to Pirate
I purchased a used 4x4 Platinum Reserve '17 Titan XD diesel in October that had 12,000 miles and have been very pleased with the truck. If you need a little more towing than a 1/2 ton but not as much as a 3/4 ton, it will be a great truck. The drive and ride is great. If you need help making up your mind, check out "The Fast Lane Truck" channel on YouTube. He has a lot of real world towing and test on the Titan XD. http://www.youtube.com/user/tflcar. Do a search for the Titan XD.

My best empty mileage was 18.5 mpg. While pulling a 12' utility trailer with a Polaris Ranger crew to San Antonio and back was 11.2 mpg. I am not the person that resets the fuel mileage every tank. Currently, my truck shows around 15.5 mpg. That's around 3000 miles combination of pulling trailers and empty driving.

I can assure you that it does not and will not pull as good as the 3/4 ton diesels. My BIL has a '16 Ram 2500 diesel and pulling that same trailer and ranger to San Antonio and back he gets around 13 and it does not notice the hills. My Titan XD will kick down on hills pulling the trailer and ranger. His Ram got 19.3 on a trip from the valley coming home from a dove hunt. I flew to Tulsa and drove my Titan home. After 650 miles of driving, the mileage was 18.5 when I pulled in the driveway.

The biggest complaint with the truck is the when the emissions system goes into Regen. It will drop to 10 mpg for about 15 to 20 miles. We can thank the EPA for that. All of the current diesels Regen. The only way to get around the regens and DEF is to do a "delete". Unfortunately, it will void the warranty.

The factory goose neck and spray-in bed liner are nice factory installed options as well as the LED lights in the bed. There is a ton of room in the back seat. I think it may be more than the big 3 trucks. Hope this helps. Thanks, Steven
69RRVERT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #20
FishAfrica
Registered Users-pm+

FishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to PirateFishAfrica has been promoted to Pirate
Gillman Nissan in Rosenberg is selling 4x4 diesel XDs for $41k with a 100k mi bumper to bumper warranty! Great value
FishAfrica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message