Smallest diameter yet reliable - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #11
just plain bill
http://www.myspace.com/billfrainmusic

just plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Pirate
i should have mentioned i use spinning gear exclusively, which nanofil is designed for...my understanding is it might not be great for baitcasters...but it is the best for spinning!
just plain bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #12
Action BC

Action BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerAction BC has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
fins 40G is the best bet. about half the diameter of comparable braid but twice the strength. My spinners are filled with the 15lb and had a baitcaster I used for bull reds with the 45LB on there. Literally pulled a 35" Red 3' out of the water and another 4' over the guard rail (with gloves on) and did not break. Palomar knot, no leader. Line is so strong you have to be careful when getting snagged or hooked into a monster bc your rod will def break before the line ever does. Only thing i didn't like was it liked to loosen up a lot on my bait caster and make some birds nests. Spinning gear has zero issues though.

Last edited by Action BC; 10-16-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: .
Action BC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #13
just plain bill
http://www.myspace.com/billfrainmusic

just plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Piratejust plain bill has been promoted to Pirate
have you tried nanofil and how do the two lines compare? nanofil is the best i've found so far, but i'm always looking for even better!
just plain bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #14
teamfirstcast
Registered Users-pm+

teamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirate
braid specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpool View Post
Silly question of the year..... So when you guys state "15lb braid"... is this really 15lb test (with a equivalent mono diameter of something like 2-4lbs)? Or is this like 40lb test (with the equivalent mono diameter of 15lb)???

In other words, what does it mean on the box when it says a lb test???

Thanks,
T-BONE
(tpool)

p.s. If you can't tell, I'm a long time fisherman that has not ever used braid - only mono and flouro. But getting interested in Braid for everything but flipping in freshwater for bass (want to use for surf rods and possibly in the bay for trout and reds)..
20lb braid sizes will break at or above 20 lbs but have a mono equivalent of about 6lb size. I personally use a braid that is sized similar to the mono size a was using... or: FINS 30 or 40lb Windtamer or PRT will be approx .011" - .012" or 10-12lb mono size.
teamfirstcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #15
WineyFishrman
Try being smarter and I'll be much nicer

WineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to Pirate
10 lb braid, Power Pro,,,, 20 lb mono leader

Caught many an oversized red but sensitive enuff for light baits and trout.
WineyFishrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #16
basson
Registered Users-pm+

basson is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Kastking superpower or Runcl rainbow braid. Not expensive but you will get more than paid.
basson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message