What the tecnique to Snell a Hook - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
seacer
Buy Amsoil from Lubeoilsales.com

seacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon What the tecnique to Snell a Hook

Fellows

What is the best technique or knot used on fluorocarbon line for hook / jig head?

Searacer
seacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
Jean Scurtu
Registered Users-pm+

Jean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to PirateJean Scurtu has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacer View Post
Fellows

What is the best technique or knot used on fluorocarbon line for hook / jig head?

Searacer

PALOMAR knot.
Jean Scurtu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
seacer
Buy Amsoil from Lubeoilsales.com

seacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirateseacer has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks Jean

This knot is good for a hard pulling Red Fish?

Searacer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Scurtu View Post

PALOMAR knot.

Last edited by seacer; 08-20-2014 at 09:37 AM.
seacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #4
addison12
Registered Users-pm+

addison12 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
The Snell knot requires wrapping a loop around the hook. When tightening the knot, hold the turns under your fingers to ensure they snug down neatly.
addison12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #5
matagordamudskipper
Registered Users-pm+

matagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Look up Tie Fast. I bought both sizes, with the large tie fast I can snell up to 200# have not tried anything heavier. I use snell for circle hooks
matagordamudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #6
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
GeeTee

GeeTee has disabled reputation
Mudskipper, thanks - i snell all my steel cable for circle hooks for shark fishing, i always end up with torn/ripped fingers, this tool is going to save my life!!!! Green to you
GeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #8
Category5
Registered Users-pm+

Category5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to PirateCategory5 has been promoted to Pirate
hard to snell a jig head. I think this post needs a clarification. Pound test of the leader, what you're tying to, what type of fishing you're doing, what type of baits.
Category5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message