Galveston Sandbar Shark - Barometric Pressure - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2019, 10:37 PM   #1
doublezer6
Registered Users-pm+

doublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Pirate
shark Galveston Sandbar Shark - Barometric Pressure

For the Galveston land-based shark fishermen, does the barometric pressure effect the sandbar sharks much, or just the fish that they are chasing? Was going to try to take advantage of the free weekend I have, but looking at the weather predictions I'm not sure it's worth the drive down.
doublezer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Never noticed what few times we landed in early spring. Kind of like you just go when we can. Sheephead bite is on so maybe box a few at the rocks then run them out. When are you going again? We hitting Galveston jetties Tuesday and you can have them. Assuming we catch anything

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 07:02 AM   #3
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
Never noticed what few times we landed in early spring. Kind of like you just go when we can. Sheephead bite is on so maybe box a few at the rocks then run them out. When are you going again? We hitting Galveston jetties Tuesday and you can have them. Assuming we catch anything

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Better make that bait you run out not a game fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2019, 08:52 AM   #4
doublezer6
Registered Users-pm+

doublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Piratedoublezer6 has been promoted to Pirate
Eyein to go out Saturday or Sunday. Only have enough brownie points stored up with my wife to trade in for one day of fishing. Haven't decided which day yet, or if I should just call it off completely and let those brownie points gain a little more interest.
doublezer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 02:08 AM   #5
crawpaw
Registered Users-pm+

crawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateercrawpaw has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadslinger View Post
Better make that bait you run out not a game fish.
Sheepshead isn't a game fish. One of the few you can spear.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...ng-regulations
crawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2019, 03:50 AM   #6
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
I see it was not on the list, thanks I learn something new all of the time.
I did not see flounder or black drum on the list either, but I don’t think they are legal bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #7
shadslinger

I stand corrected by a couple of 2coolers on the sheephead as bait post. Thanks, I'm always ready to learn something new. If I need to sacrifice one of those bristling basstds for bait I can with a clean conscience.

I guess a heavy glove and meat clever are in order too,lol!
shadslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

oscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirateoscar@CBF has been promoted to Pirate
Flounder and black drum can also be used as bait.
oscar@CBF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #9
shadslinger

Good deal thanks Oscar, headed to Rockport and hope to hit pins on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro