no luck - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2019, 09:21 AM   #11
pickn'fish
Registered Users-pm+

pickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Piratepickn'fish has been promoted to Pirate
4-16, last year was slow in good water - 1, 23" speck released. I've had pretty good action in the surf in mid-late April, but it's typically, spotty. If you find bait, you might catch a few... often big in April... and May. In April, they are usually laden with eggs. But, I don't keep anything over 20 in, anyway. If I keep any at all, which is usually no more than one or two for myself. I do not freeze or eat frozen fish, until maybe late fall or early winter.
We had 6-7, one afternoon last May 15th, all over 23"(all released). The other angler had 2-3 over 20" before I arrived... I started about 11:30, he already had his limit or close to it. I think he released a couple early, too. The afternoon brought mostly bigger sows. We doubled up twice; his slightly smaller lure brought a 25", mine a 26". And, my 25", was doubled with his 24". I also caught a 24", so I was happy, even though I missed a real good morning bite. Spring tides had created big ledges, behind the 1st bar. Unusually deep troughs, which strangely, offered a little wind protection behind the bar, too. An errant cast up on the bar? Just drag it off and hold on! Epic...
Tide runners show up in good numbers in Lower Galveston(Tx. Cty/Dollar), during May. You can intercept them on the beachfront...
green tides n' black dots...
pickn'fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement