winch size - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
Ltrichel
Registered Users-pm+

Ltrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to PirateLtrichel has been promoted to Pirate
winch size

I am replacing an old Powerwinch on my 1977 sportsman trailer. It has been on there for 20+ years and I decided I need to put a good manual winch on there as I converted to a modified drive on some time ago and have not used the electric winch in some time except to cinch the bow to the stop with its manual crank. the on drive approach works ok but it stops about 12 inches from the bow stop and I have to increase engine speed to get it the rest of the way which is a very trying maneuver and often hits the stop pretty hard. I want to winch it up for the final few inches to avoid the trauma of overshooting the bow stop and found a 2 speed winch at bass pro with 2500 lb rating. Rig weighs about 3200 with motor batteries fuel etc. My question is on the 2500 lb. tensile rating for the strap. Given it is a straight pull so to speak while partially on rollers and partially on bunks I do not think the tensile rating of 2500 is too low. I can buy a strap with 5000 for $16.00 and change it out but it is only 20' long but should work given my boat is 19.5 ' Opinions welcome. Boat is in Port M and I am in dallas.
Ltrichel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement