Yamaha or Sea Doo for jetski fishing???? - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
Mr. Howard
Registered Users-pm+

Mr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenboy View Post
I have a question regarding Yamaha/Other Makes vs Sea Doo.

Aren't Sea Doo's radiator cooled, thus can run in shallower water vs other makes?
They are closed looped cooled which just means the salt water isn't passing thru the engine. It doesn't run any shallower than other manufacturers. Depending on the amount of seaweed I get mine in about 8" or so.
Mr. Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #22
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

ceja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
I have had good luck with Yamaha over the years, I like the non supercharged models because the have less maintenance and better fuel mileage. There are several people that fish off of Sea Doo's also. It is not the jet ski that can be a problem, it is the operator. No different than owners of guns, cars, motorcycles, boats ect... The ski these days are four stroke, very quiet and stealthy, great for the flats drifting. Here are some of my rigged skis.

Very nice Brian and i have to say you are at the forefront of Jetski fishing here in the states. I agree on the operator comment. Im also respecful of other fishermen no matter what watercraft i use.
ceja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT.BUM View Post
I have fabricated a fishing rig for the jet ski that takes less than 5 minutes to instal, has a live well, and when you are finished you pop the cooler off and you have a cutting board to fillet your fish on, it will be out on the market very soon, keep your eyes open for them. No drilling screws in to your ski of any sort. I had a 18' wellcraft and have enjoyed fishing off the ski this summer more than the boat,maybe that's because I can get where most boats can't.
Capt i will keep my eyes open for it. Im always happy to support other 2coolers and their hobbies or proyects for profit. keep us posted on here when they are available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #24
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback! Im stoping today at Genes to look at both. Im not in search of the fastes or the most HP just a reliable machine. Seems like YAMAHA has the upper hand and SEA DOO has the looks... Guess there is no YAMADOO lol.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #25
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Yamaha will make a better fishing rig, Seadoo the better toy, both are quality machines, but the Yamaha will be more stable, now if you wanna beat the other guy to your spot, pick the Seadoo.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #26
Mr. Howard
Registered Users-pm+

Mr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMr. Howard has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
In the Galveston bay chop 40 MPH is fast enough. I rarely go WOT.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #27
mlinger
Registered Users-pm+

mlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Piratemlinger has been promoted to Pirate
I have been researching both ski's as well. I think SeaDoo offers some nice cutting edge features but Yamaha has pretty close to the same features but they are mechanical instead of electronic. That might be something to consider.
mlinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
chickenboy

chickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Pirate
You would think saltwater not flowing through the motor would be a major plus for Sea Doo
Old 07-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #29
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Get a yammy.... there is a reason for all the rental companies running them for years.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #30
Mr. Howard
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Get a yammy.... there is a reason for all the rental companies running them for years.
To counter-argue this fact I have heard that most rental companies use Yamaha only bc Seadoo can't compete with their bulk pricing. I'm not saying one or the other is better, but if money talks ...