Coastline Trailers - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2019, 08:20 AM   #11
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
I have one for my 2012 Seafox...worst trailer I've ever owned. Cheaply built, I've had the fenders replaced 5 times. (they bolt on and are flimsy as all get out) I had SGREM replace the axels as the hubs went out. (they weren't sealed hubs)
After $1000 in upgrades and repairs, I'd have been better off with a company not based 3 hours from Houston. Customer service was "so so" when I had to drive to Seabrook to get new fenders.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 08:34 AM   #12
gm
Registered Users-pm+

gm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirate
Yes, Sgrem do tell of your fix please.
gm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #13
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
I have a fix for the trailer fender rattle. Aint cheap but it does fix it for good.

Learned it from paragod and have repeated it on many trailers.
Speaking of Paragod...just go have him build you a trailer. Really nice guy and knows what's what...
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 11:23 AM   #14
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
Just curious, I have owned several brands of aluminum trailers over the years, the three most recent have been Coastline. I've never had the first fender problem on any of them, and frankly, only a few very minor problems out of any of them over about 30 year run. As for needing to replace axles because the hubs went bad...whose fault is that...the company that built the trailer or the guy that didn't maintain them?
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 11:41 AM   #15
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm View Post
Yes, Sgrem do tell of your fix please.
Hes showed me before. If I recall, he just welds a piece of 90 flat bar to the fender, then the other end to the trailer frame.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 11:51 AM   #16
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Vibration causes metal fatigue which eventually wears out your fenders. Balanced tires help. The tire shop will tell you you dont need to balnace trailer tires. He is generally right from his aspect of tire life but for fender and trailer life you need to balance them.

You see the large square crossbeams that are spread underneath your trailer. Typically you see them squared off just to the edge of the outside of your main trailer frame beams.

I have a source to get that crossbeam full length which sticks out about 10" or so outside your trailer frame on both sides. Mounting that full width across your trailer frame and using it as your fender mount makes that fender rock solid. It wont move again.

It makes your step area smaller unless you put the normal fender step mount on top of it.

Look under your fender step mount against the trailer frame beam. Most are cracked here. This exacerbates the fender vibration bringing it all to a faster death.

You can blame Coastline if you want. But if they built the trailer with every option to make it rock solid live forever you wouldnt afford it and you would seek out the more affordably made trailer. And i got news for ya....most trailers are made very similar with aluminum supplied from the exact same supplier.... welded vs bolted, welded bunk bolsters vs u bolted bunk bolsters, heavy timber bunks vs 2x6 bunks, galvanized tongue and bow stop vs aluminum tongue and bow stop. All very similar personal preference.

Hubs, bunk carpets etc are not going to live forever. Expect to do some maintenance. You change the oil in your car very begrudgingly every 5000 miles or so. Why not spend a lil maintenance time yearly on the thing that holds up your favorite toy.

Bring it to me and i can get it fixed up. Order it this way when having yours built. Be ready to pay for it.

Last edited by sgrem; 08-29-2019 at 11:59 AM.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #17
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Hes showed me before. If I recall, he just welds a piece of 90 flat bar to the fender, then the other end to the trailer frame.
Negative. This changes nothing. The main trailer frame flexes and oscilates unless it is solid all the way across.

Basically any distance away from those main cross beams has a lot of flex. Which is the nature of aluminum and totally normal.

The new square tubing cross beam mount will be much sturdier and solid with practically zero flex.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 07:45 PM   #18
gm
Registered Users-pm+

gm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirategm has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks Sgrem, that all makes sense. I wasn't generally bashing coastline, as I said overall i've been happy with it, but for the 2 things I mentioned.
gm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 08:35 PM   #19
mbj358
Registered Users-pm+

mbj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Piratembj358 has been promoted to Pirate
I stopped at McClain several months ago to pick up some parts and there were more Coastline trailers there for repairs than any other brand. They were all there for different reasons but definitely had me wondering about quality. My Skeeter is on an EZ Loader. No problems with fender strength or anything else. Trailer is a little finicky loading boat but built like a tank.
mbj358 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #20
Nr1052
Registered Users-pm+

Nr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to GunnerNr1052 has been promote to Gunner
I had a hub fail, like the lug nuts yielded and the whole tire and rim went bouncing down the road. When I called customer service/the shop it was terrible; the trailer was less than 1 year old but they were quick to say no warranty coverage. Same as others comments, really not great to deal with.

They told me I could bring it to them in sea drift; but I live in San Antonio so yea right. Fortunately their hub supplier is in SA so I was able to pick it up here and install it myself. Cost me a few hundred $.

Had a problem with brake light wiring too. So that’s my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nr1052 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message