Was I in the wrong? - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2019, 11:29 AM   #21
Blutarsky
Registered Users-pm+

Blutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I haven't tried but other places within the flats that I tried to wade are pretty mucky. I would guess that the old terminal causeway is too, mixed with shell and rocks and who-knows-what old debris along the center. Fishing it like bass fishing with a trolling motor works pretty well.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #22
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
We used to fish down there a lot 10-20 years ago, specifically in Estes, CA Hole, and Hog Island areas, and we never considered the terminal causeway a boat lane. We rarely saw anyone transit through it like a cut or normal pass. That said, I know you can do it, but most folks I have seen down there didn't. I will say I had a buddy with a really skinny Haynie that would slide through there on occasion. We used to come from either side and chunk stuff into those guts, and do OK on occasion.

The folks fishing there probably don't consider it a cut either, so they got irked. We always went around, or through CA hole, or over by Hog or behind hog and into M&C cut, to transit the area. It is a long haul sometimes, depending on where you are hoping to get to.

If you don't see anyone fishing the side you are on, and you want to run it, go for it. There is some interesting reading about the old railroad that used to take folks to Port A, somewhere on here. I read through it all one time, and loved it, since I grew up fishing the area and love the history.
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message