Was I in the wrong? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2019, 07:17 AM   #11
Blutarsky
Registered Users-pm+

Blutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I agree that the old terminal causeway is more of a fishing spot than a boat lane. You can use it as a boat lane but in my opinion you need to be able to go around people who are fishing it and not blow by them. Most of the fish are in the small channel or around the shell and rocks in the center, so you will cut right thru what they are fishing if you can't run to the outside. The north side of it is pretty safe to run end to end as long as you don't drift into the center. On the south side there are some oyster beds east of the word bay on the upper map I wouldn't run all the way on the south side. Depending on your boat you may be able to cut across closer to hog island, or if you are not fishing the flat but just crossing then the best bet may be to go around.

I live in Rockport and am getting pretty familiar with the area (though not necessarily with where the fish are). PM me next time before you come down and I can show you around the flats.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 08:45 AM   #12
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Thats not a boat lane thats the edges of an old RR trussel and if you get on that thing it will rip out your lower unit they may have been trying to warn you how perilous a situation you where in.

By flipping him the bird? LOL! I don't think so.

OP I don't know the area and can't help but if it's navigable boat lane and people are anchored and there is no way around I run by them on plane. Right or wrong I'm not tearing up my boat because people anchor where they shouldn't.

TH
Old 08-28-2019, 10:37 AM   #13
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroFan1975 View Post
I don't think you were in the wrong. The boat lanes are for boats. If someone has an issue, don't fish near boat lanes.
X2. same thing happens in west bay at the cut to jones lake
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #14
waterspout
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!

waterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Piratewaterspout has been promoted to Pirate
happens in trinity coming out of long island or crazy cut. If you park close to the boat lane which isn't that deep in the first place. Get mad, I'm coming by you WOT and waving back!
waterspout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #15
Blk Jck 224
Good Things Come To Those Who Wade

Blk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to Pirate
[QUOTE=Trouthunter;23781465]By flipping him the bird? LOL! I don't think so.

Yup...The middle finger salute is the new universal symbol for brotherly love
Blk Jck 224 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I don't know.. if someone sets up in the middle of the interstate for a BBQ and you fly by them. Who's in the wrong?

You are fine
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #17
Blutarsky
Registered Users-pm+

Blutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of BosunBlutarsky has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I wouldn't consider the Old Terminal Causeway a boat lane but more of a fishing structure in the flat. I don't think you should run it unless it is not occupied or you can run around a fisherman. In places it is barely two boats wide and only 2' deep or so. In my opinion you shouldn't be out there unless you have a flats capable boat. It is not the only way into the area but only a shortcut across it. Morris and Cummins Cut and some of the cuts thru Trailer Island like Big Cut (Yucca Cut) and Turtle Bayou would be considered boat lanes. Just my opinion as a "local" who runs the area often.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 06:36 PM   #18
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Pirate
Thank you for the responses the from the locals. I’ll definitely avoid it next trip.
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 08:24 AM   #19
Blk Jck 224
Good Things Come To Those Who Wade

Blk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to Pirate
I don't know the area whatsoever, but if you want to fish it, why not just putt out there & jump out and fish...You will be much more illusive on foot than in the boat as far as intercepting fish...Perhaps walking around in that area would paint a clearer picture of where you are able to safely motor through
Blk Jck 224 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #20
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk Jck 224 View Post
I don't know the area whatsoever, but if you want to fish it, why not just putt out there & jump out and fish...You will be much more illusive on foot than in the boat as far as intercepting fish...Perhaps walking around in that area would paint a clearer picture of where you are able to safely motor through

I wade 95% of the time I fish. That “lane” I was referring to is about 2.5 miles.
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message