Jig Heads - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #21
RedFlounderBass
Bayou Burner

RedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to Pirate
Knotty Hooker-The ones without eyes or paint. Still has the Gamakatsu hook.

Norton Screwlocks
RedFlounderBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #22
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Eye Strike Jig heads

https://eyestrikefishing.com/wordpre...=0&sort=normal
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #23
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTH View Post
What is your reasoning for never using a short shank?

I prefer the short shank. My reasoning is that with a short shank, the hook is closer to the head of the lure. Fish target the head. Having the hook closer make for a quicker hook-up imo?
depends, seems most fish tend to follow from behind prior to eating, and grab the back end first. a lot of times when you are reeling in close to the boat, they think it is getting away, and move in for the kill, from behind. it's a confidence thing. just my thinking and it has served me well. i could be wrong.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #24
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4food View Post
Anyone else been having bad luck with Hogies? The last 3-4 packs I’ve bought the hook points have been bending. I’m fishing in sand and grass, and in the upper water column. I don’t understand why they have been bending so easily.
No. I think mine are from about 5 or 6 years ago. I stopped in one time while scouting and bought about 100 so I would be set for a while.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #25
fish4food
Registered Users-pm+

fish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Piratefish4food has been promoted to Pirate
No telling. I mainly use the 2/0 but have gone back to 3/0 with Better success.
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #26
Lastone1
Registered Users-pm+

Lastone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Where do you find knotty hooker heads at?
Lastone1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 09:34 AM   #27
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Bass Assassin - Screw lock and push on
Zman Trout Eye - yellow eye or white eye

I normally use longer shank heads but opt for short shank if throwing Gulp Swimming Mullet for flounder. Prefer screw lock over push-on as I don’t like frequent adjustments required to push the soft plastic back onto the head when the plastic wears out from multiple fish.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #28
mattfox
Registered Users-pm+

mattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Piratemattfox has been promoted to Pirate
Should I get a colored head or just plain lead?
mattfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #29
bayourat
Redfish Extraordinaire

bayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Piratebayourat has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastone1 View Post
Where do you find knotty hooker heads at?
http://www.baadmarinesupply.com

They will be in FTU soon or might be alreaady.
bayourat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #30
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfox View Post
Should I get a colored head or just plain lead?
Totally up to you. Most people will say it doesn't matter. I tend to get them in pink, white, or chart and will do use opposite of what color tail I am fishing.

Ie, if using a lure with chart tail, I have a pink jig head.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message