Consumption ban reports are pretty scary - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #11
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
I believe the Galveston advisory is for Dioxin.

Besides, don't we all rather just catch them anyway. The advisory is 8 oz per month, just manage your intake and keep less from upper Galveston bay and more from the surf or lower west bay. The fish do move obviously, so the surf run trout would be the best for Galveston. Just about all the bays have major commercial harbors.. east Matagorda does not, but it is adjacent to the ICW... but spills in the ICW are very rare.

Fish when you get the chance and keep enough for a meal... keep fishing.
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #12
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
NFIC - so your good there
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #13
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon ??

about 6 months ago, my sister informed me my aunt had passed, she was in her 90's. My sister didn't know how we were going to break the news to our 91 year old mother. when we told her, her exact words were. "Well we are all going to die sooner or later". so there you have it, eat up guys and gals.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #14
SteveZissou
Registered Users-pm+

SteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to PirateSteveZissou has been promoted to Pirate
Well, just stick to eating lady fish, mullet, sting ray and jetty tuna.

There are several other inshore fish that are better table fare than gafftop and specs.
SteveZissou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 08:39 AM   #15
SeaOx 230C
Registered Users-pm+

SeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to Pirate
The sky is falling we're all gonna die. One day it's we're all gonna burn up then it's we're all gonna get the cancer from eating the fish. Or is it we're all gonna get the vibrio?

I'm so confused 😕? I can't remember what it is I'm supposed to be afraid 😨 today.
SeaOx 230C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 08:43 AM   #16
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOx 230C View Post
The sky is falling we're all gonna die. One day it's we're all gonna burn up then it's we're all gonna get the cancer from eating the fish. Or is it we're all gonna get the vibrio?

I'm so confused 😕? I can't remember what it is I'm supposed to be afraid 😨 today.
problem is everyone has an agenda, and it typically isn't to benefit but only the guy with the agenda. here awhile back coffee was bad for you, i'll still alive. oh well, i'm going fishing.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #17
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
Some people smoke a pack a day and live to be 90. That doesn’t mean smoking is good for you. The problem with the poisons in fish is that any damage they do, especially cancer, often happens years later. They don’t call SE Texas the carcinogenic coast for nothing! But I’m not going to stop eating trout, reds, etc. but then again I don’t fish Galveston Bay very often.
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 11:50 PM   #18
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Have a cup of coffee, eat all you want, no mercury

"They found that broiling or frying fish such as tuna and mackerel reduced mercury exposure by 40 to 60 percent, and that drinking coffee or tea while eating raw fish reduced exposure by 50 to 60 percent. The two methods together (for cooked fish) essentially eliminatedexposure to mercury"

https://www.consumerfreedom.com/2011...perfect-match/

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #19
KeithR
Registered Users-pm+

KeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to PirateKeithR has been promoted to Pirate
Too each his own but I would never eat anything out of Galveston Bay. I grew up fishing lower portion of the bay and have ate many trout till about 10 years ago. Cancer rates are high in Harris county for a reason with pollution being contributing factor.
KeithR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #20
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

tarpon texas coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
Too each his own but I would never eat anything out of Galveston Bay. I grew up fishing lower portion of the bay and have ate many trout till about 10 years ago. Cancer rates are high in Harris county for a reason with pollution being contributing factor.
if you truly feel this way, i wouldn't eat a single fish from the entire Texas coast period. galvetraz isn't the only polluted bay, they all are. S Texas bays are just as bad bad, according to TP&W. and the lakes are not immune either, pesticides are on every corner of the planet. there are toxic holding areas all along the coast, floods wash them into the bay. and don't for a second, think we the public really know the extent of the pollution from s padra to sabine. we can be naive and tell ourselves i'm good, i'm not in galvetraz, but i certainly wouldn't kid myself.