Costa Rica fishing in early September? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #1
TimeOut55
Registered Users-pm+

TimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Costa Rica fishing in early September?

My wife and I are planning a week-long vacation to Costa Rica.
I have gotten permission to spend half a day fishing.
Does anyone have experience fishing there and can recommend a fishing guide?

I have found quite a few on a website. But would appreciate a recommendation.
Thank you!
TimeOut55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #2
LSUALUM
Geaux Tigers!

LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Tons of recs on here but everyone will need to know what part of Costa Rica you are visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LSUALUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 04:06 AM   #3
Thestork
Registered Users-pm+

Thestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerThestork has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
You should fish for the 7 days and give her a 1/2 day to do something else.
Thestork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #4
SailFishCostaRica

SailFishCostaRica has disabled reputation
Which part of Costa Rica are you going to be in?
SailFishCostaRica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #5
DR_Smith
Registered Users-pm+

DR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to PirateDR_Smith has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailFishCostaRica View Post
Which part of Costa Rica are you going to be in?

This guy right here in Quepos! I used John a few yea ago and it was nothing short of amazing. Fishing was extremely tough when I went but we still caught more then other boats on the water and our captain went the extra mile to find more fish as we were headed in. When we go back I will fish with john again (offshore and then an onshore trip) even if I’m staying in a different town.
DR_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #6
SailFishCostaRica

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_Smith View Post
This guy right here in Quepos! I used John a few yea ago and it was nothing short of amazing. Fishing was extremely tough when I went but we still caught more then other boats on the water and our captain went the extra mile to find more fish as we were headed in. When we go back I will fish with john again (offshore and then an onshore trip) even if I’m staying in a different town.
So glad you guys had fun, love to have you back out anytime at all!
Old 08-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
TimeOut55
Registered Users-pm+

TimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTimeOut55 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Costa Rica Fishing plans

I believe my wife and I will be staying on the Carribean side the first three nights, then on the Pacific side on the 12th, 13th, and 14th of September.

I would like to fish for 4 or 5 hours and would love to take my wife with me (she does not fish and gets seas sick easily), so this my not be possible. But if there was an area of protected water that would be good for more sightseeing than fishing I would be okay with that as long as I got an hour or two of fishing in.

Otherwise, I would go alone with you. Is it possible to target rooster fish this time of the year? I would love to catch a species I never have before. I assume sailfish would require a full day trip. But honestly, I would be happy fishing for any on the local types of fish.

So I am guessing the 13th might be the day to plan for.
Do you have any openings and what is you charge for a half day trip?
Many thanks!
TimeOut55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 12:28 AM   #8
SailFishCostaRica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOut55 View Post
I believe my wife and I will be staying on the Carribean side the first three nights, then on the Pacific side on the 12th, 13th, and 14th of September.

I would like to fish for 4 or 5 hours and would love to take my wife with me (she does not fish and gets seas sick easily), so this my not be possible. But if there was an area of protected water that would be good for more sightseeing than fishing I would be okay with that as long as I got an hour or two of fishing in.

Otherwise, I would go alone with you. Is it possible to target rooster fish this time of the year? I would love to catch a species I never have before. I assume sailfish would require a full day trip. But honestly, I would be happy fishing for any on the local types of fish.

So I am guessing the 13th might be the day to plan for.
Do you have any openings and what is you charge for a half day trip?
Many thanks!
For a half day inshore on our 28 foot Mucho Fisho 2 that runs 350 dollars and we are open on the 13th and would love to have you out! Send me an email to [email protected] and we'll get you all setup!