Old Ambassadeur 5000.... - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #11
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Old Ambassadeur 5000....

The word ‘Ambassador’ on the LH side plate looks very different from the late 60’s/early 70’s model that I have. Nice find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by habanerojooz; 08-15-2019 at 10:34 AM.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #12
Mouse52
Registered Users-pm+

Mouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to Pirate
These were the top reels in the 50’s and60’s still very good reels. I have one I got in 1964 for my 12 th birthday and still use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mouse52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #13
SeaOx 230C
Registered Users-pm+

SeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to PirateSeaOx 230C has been promoted to Pirate
I think that is what they called a Record Ambassador and the number designates the sequential order it was made in. The very first one had no number at all. When they started date coding them they also changed to Abu..........

All that is based in of I understand what I have read about them I could be mistaken.
SeaOx 230C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 10:54 AM   #14
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
I found a website a while back (like 10 years ago) that had a ton of info and history on them. Some are REALLY REALLY old and came in a leather case. Based on your reel knobs, I think that is a pretty old one, 70s or earlier.

See if you can find info on google.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #15
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
This site has a lot of information.
http://www.lurelore.com/freds/abu.html
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #16
galvbay
Registered Users-pm+

galvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirategalvbay has been promoted to Pirate
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223482557483

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
galvbay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #17
Dasboot
Registered Users-pm+

Dasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
This site has a lot of information.
http://www.lurelore.com/freds/abu.html

Thanks, I emailed him as well...
Dasboot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #18
Dasboot
Registered Users-pm+

Dasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to PirateDasboot has been promoted to Pirate
So, I emailed Wayne from Realreels.com and he said he believes initially that it's a late 50s, early 60s. He couldn't talk much because he was on safari and fishing in Africa (Seriously?)

I've sent out some more emails and as I get more info I'll share what I find.

Thanks for the interest guys.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #19
Dasboot
Registered Users-pm+

So, I just got an email back from the owner of this website:http://www.lurelore.com/freds/abu.html. He said he is confident that it was made in 1956. He also said that it is not marked with Record or Abu, which could make it desirable as a collector's item. Maybe in the $250 range. Not that I have any intention of selling it, though.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:06 AM   #20
WillieT
Registered Users-pm+

WillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to Pirate
Great find.
WillieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message