Has everything about gulf fishing was discussed already? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #11
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Jhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
one guys trash is another's treasure. find your piece of mind, and enjoy life. we all have to play the hand we were dealt, make the best of it. i have a saltwater soul, i was born in the ocean(i guess i also have a saltwater heart, lungs, kidneys etc.). hard to leave it once you get a taste, but i do enjoy sitting on the bank of a nice freshwater lake as well.
no, that i understand. I was born in northen europe, with lots of small fresh water bodies. Overnight bottom fishing, camping trips are some of my best memories.

I wish there was spots like that in texas, im sure there are but they are well hidden knowledge.

This picture is a perfect day for me. Its hard in texas though, i tried 100F camping once... heh
Attached Images

Jhonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #12
Marker 54 Lures
Registered Users-pm+

Marker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonny View Post
I remember these forums more active. I could browse and read for hours at (mhm.. at work.) and scratch my itch till i get on the water. but its kinda slow these days here so i started watching those bass youtube videos :| i still dont get pond fishing for 10inch thropies, but to each its own.
The online forums haven given way to to the Facebook groups
Marker 54 Lures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #13
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
i bought one. gave away to one of the guys here, since i dont have boat 90% not for me. anyway dvd's are good i was just making a joke about something you see in every other thread, especially from you, noticed you suggesting those dvds more than anyone heh. nothing wrong with that just an observation.
I assume you watched it? I don't know your fishing knowledge, but did you know about how slicks work, tides, where to fish, what to look for etc?

A lot of the video was applicable to wade fishermen, so any spots you can walk into can benefit from the video.

I don't own the red ones or the trophy trout, but the basic trout one teaches someone who doesn't know where to go and what to look for.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #14
hookemandcookem
Registered Users-pm+

hookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerhookemandcookem has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchum View Post
What is "gulf fishing"? I don't think I've ever caught a gulf.
iv never caught a surf, wade, or bay either.....
hookemandcookem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 12:34 PM   #15
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marker 54 Lures View Post
The online forums haven given way to to the Facebook groups
Yeah they have and I'm not a big fan of the FB groups. It is much easier to keep up with topics I care about on the forums.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #16
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
actually even as sparse is this site is, it's still one of the better ones. The facebook groups aren't near as helpful unless you one enjoy all the open un moderated grab *** and not getting answers. I've seen where there are litterally 72 answers and only 1 or 2 helpful ones. But yeah, still people left because they get fast interaction.. but I'll stay here. 10,000 people have purchased those videos and enough of them were walk in guys, I've used the information fishing from banks, walking in, and jetties, and have had numerous guys use it in the surf. If one is not using that sort of information in walk in and wade in situations they are not maximizing how they could be fishing, but to each their own.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #17
Jhonny
Where is my hook

Jhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to GunnerJhonny has been promote to Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drundel View Post
I assume you watched it? I don't know your fishing knowledge, but did you know about how slicks work, tides, where to fish, what to look for etc?

A lot of the video was applicable to wade fishermen, so any spots you can walk into can benefit from the video.

I don't own the red ones or the trophy trout, but the basic trout one teaches someone who doesn't know where to go and what to look for.
i bought this one
DVD - Finding and Catching Limits of Speckled Trout
DVD-Trout Limits 1 $38.45 USD

I can't do wade fishing im just not comfortable with it. i know i know, but i've been bit once well not bit, but uncomfortably touched by something (not my uncle i promise). so nooo thank you. boat or shore only.
Jhonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 01:39 PM   #18
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
i bought this one
DVD - Finding and Catching Limits of Speckled Trout
DVD-Trout Limits 1 $38.45 USD

I can't do wade fishing im just not comfortable with it. i know i know, but i've been bit once well not bit, but uncomfortably touched by something (not my uncle i promise). so nooo thank you. boat or shore only.
Ah, I'm a bit OCD and claustrophobic and don't like being around people when fishing, so I'd much rather get out and wade.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #19
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Wade fishing is one of the best ways to feel where you should be fishing. The strategies in the Troutsupport DVDs help you fine tune in on the fish and where you should be focusing your efforts. And sometimes more importantly...give you the confidence to move on from where you are.

Ive been bumped dozens of times. Knocked completely off my feet a few times.... have had stingrays rip my feet out from under me.... it is all part of learning and those predators are there for the same reason you are.... nothing to worry about you arent on the menu. It just means you are doing it right.

But dang as a land bound only angler back to your original question holy moly yes there is worlds more to discuss and learn for you.....
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #20
impulse
'81 Aggie

impulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirateimpulse has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
no, that i understand. I was born in northen europe, with lots of small fresh water bodies. Overnight bottom fishing, camping trips are some of my best memories.

I wish there was spots like that in texas, im sure there are but they are well hidden knowledge.

This picture is a perfect day for me. Its hard in texas though, i tried 100F camping once... heh

If you want to go Euro-fishing in Texas, pick the crappiest winter day and any random spot in a state park with a pond, pitch a tent and toss out some boilies.

There's places like that all over Texas. But there are so many better options that Euro guys can only dream of affording. Why dunk dough balls overnight for rough fish when you can fish for bass, or stripers, or white bass, or 8' gar, or...or...

Lots of guys I worked with overseas were Brits, who talked about going out for a week of camp-fishing in hopes that they may catch one good carp in a day of watching their rod tips. As much as I love fishing, I couldn't see it. Until I saw the gleam in their eyes when they talked about getting away from the wife for a few days. Then, I got it.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message