Silver spoons and the jetties. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
TommyTom
Registered Users-pm+

TommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTommyTom has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Silver spoons and the jetties.

I've been hearing that throwing silver spoons at the jetties is productive. Has anyone tried this and and do you have any pointers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
TommyTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 10:02 PM   #2
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Silver, gold, copper, black...spoons do well but you'll lose a lot to Spanish mackerel and the rocks.

TH
Old 08-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
These are real popular lately:
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/acme-kastmaster-lure
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
Lately? I've been using those since I was in diapers lol Kastmaster has always been great for surf/jetty. Good tip, definitely pick up some of those.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #5
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Kastmaster

Killer for deep water jigging too.

TH
Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
We used to throw the Sprites (treble hook) at the jetties (hooked/jumped a small tarpon once) and they worked great, but we lost too many to the rocks & changed to weedless. Lost fewer, but would still hang up on occasion. If you are worried about Smacks, put a foot of wire leader on it.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #7
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTom View Post
I've been hearing that throwing silver spoons at the jetties is productive. Has anyone tried this and and do you have any pointers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
spoons work well anywhere. i'd recommend throwing tails, or my favorite a skitterwalk. work the top water right against the rocks.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #8
Toby_Corgi
Registered Users-pm+

Toby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to PirateToby_Corgi has been promoted to Pirate
You can pick up various sized Kastmaster knock-offs on Ebay for cheap and they work just the same. Some come without hooks, but regardless, I add my own high quality split rings and hooks. My favorite spoon when I don't need a weedless.
Toby_Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
spoons are one of my most productive bait to throw.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #10
riopga
Registered Users-pm+

riopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateerriopga has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
As stated, you will lose some to smacks and to sharks. BUT they are great tools to work the entire water column with. I often tie off at the jetties and get out so that I can throw to both sides. There is nothing better than feeling that spoon get "heavy"! And in my experience it tends to draw better (larger) fish.
riopga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message